Protein Drinks, SUGAR FREE OR NOT????

Talnkiss
on 12/15/03 7:47 am - Robbinsville, nj
Hi all. I have been reading all over about which protein drinks to have after surgery. My doctor says it should be SUGAR FREE. The only one I see that is sugar free is Carnation Instant Breakfast. When I look up in the library (on this site) it shows all the others, Avantage, Boost etc. But they are not sugar free. Question is??????? Then what does everyone drink??????? HELP?????
SeaShoreClams H.
on 12/15/03 10:24 am - Jersey City, NJ
Most protiens drinks have some sugar just as long as it's not too much. I recommend this website. It's especailly for gastric and lap band patients. Also I recommend the nector (very berry is my fav). http://www.wlssuccess.com/protein.htm
Elizabeth A.
on 12/15/03 11:47 am - Beachwood, NJ
Sharon Advantage put out by Atkins has very little or none Its very delicious and its packed with good protein
Nannette
on 12/15/03 11:06 pm - Toms River, NJ
There is a website called VitaLady.com where you can purchase one serving samples for $1.99 -- this is what I did and got about 8 samples to try before deciding on what to buy. Some of them were downright nasty and I couldn't get them down. Since everybody's tastes are different, it is a purely personal decision. I went with Isopure Dutch Chocolate - mixed with skim or 1% milk, it was very much like chocolate milk. I hated the Atkins Advantage although many like it. Good luck --
Denise W.
on 12/16/03 1:49 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Sharon, You can find some good protein drinks out there, with very little sugar. It's impossible to find a true protein drink (Carnation Instant Breakfast isn't a true protein drink) without a little bit of sugar. My favorite is MET RX Lite, which has 5 carbs in it. As long as you're 10 carbs of sugar/carbs in your protein drink, you will be fine. Watch the fat content though - some of them can be pretty high. We're told not to go above 3 grams of fat - the one I use has only 1.5 grams of fat. Look around in Vitamin Shoppe and GNC, there's tons to choose from - it's more of a challenge to find a flavor you like, rather than a low sugar one. I agree with the vitalady website - you can try lots of different brands for very little money - given what these things cost, it's much wiser to try a bunch of samples, then pay full price and hate what you buy. Good luck! Denise
JC N.
on 12/16/03 11:01 am - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Sharon! First DO NOT start taking any supplement until your doctor tells you to do so. You're first and best source of nutrition come from whole foods. There are many products that have no carbs in them. . .or little carbs. . .sugar is a carb. . .Champion Nutrition makes a good product . . . there's another company called All the Whey (allthewhey.com) they even have an unflavored one which can also be added to soups, mashed potatoes, etc. Theri prices are terrific. . .the best price I have found on the Champion Nutrition is at supplementcentral.com. . .will you be able to make our meeting tomorrow. . .I'd love to talk to you more about this. . .please feel free to contact me anytime. . .take care and hang in there!!! Also, everyone remember, if you do your shakes with milk you're adding about 16 grams of carbs for an 8 oz serving. . .take care!!! Judy Begin A New You OSSG
fern P.
on 12/20/03 12:08 am - springfield, NJ
IM not there yet but went to Vitamin shoppe and it is verry high in protein and when i saw doc. he said not bad very good.it is called isopure .
Most Active
Recent Topics