Support Groups in Morristown area?

Susan C.
on 12/10/03 7:41 pm - Morris Cty, NJ
I am 2 months out TODAY! I am down a total of 47 lbs and am finally feeling great. I felt fairly yucky till a couple of weeks ago--food didn't sit well- vitimins made me nauseus, I had trouble getting my water in--but FINALLY I feel more like the old me (only less of me). Give it time, I've learned. There were days when I really questioned what I did, but no more. If you are a new post-op-- be gentle with yourself. So, I'm looking for a support group. Something in the Morristown, Summit, Livingston area? Anybody out there have any recommendations? Thanks everybody for all that you share, Susan C.
Jim M.
on 12/11/03 9:46 pm - Brick, NJ
Hello Susan, I am pre-op but attended the seminars at Morristown Hospital. They have an 8 or 10 meeting post op program run thru their bariatric center. I believe they meet on the second or forth tuesday. Call the hospital ask for the bariatric center, they are very nice, very helpful and very supportive. Jmack
Marcy S.
on 1/11/04 9:10 am - Madison, NJ
There is a group that meets the 1st thursday 6-7:30 at the Saint Barnabas Ambualtory Care Center in Livingston. It's run by Kelly the nutritionist for for the center. I went to it last week I am a pre-op and the group is really for postops. But I thought it was awesome. the folks spoke with me after and were so helpful I can't wait to join them monthly. About 30 people. (It's right across from Macy's at the Livingston mall)
Most Active
Recent Topics