I have a question about the Ocean County Support group meetings:-S

Jim M.
on 12/3/03 1:10 pm - Brick, NJ
I have gone thru the entire pre screening process in Morristown, and I am awaiting final approval from my insurance company. I am scheduled for a RNY laproscopic procedure. Even though I am going to Morristown, may I attend the meetings in Brick and Toms River? Please let me know. It is hard to make the Morristown meetings. Thanks, Jmack
Nannette
on 12/3/03 9:53 pm - Toms River, NJ
Absolutely -- I am a member of both groups myself, having had my surgery in Staten Island. I am one of the "founding members of the Brick group in fact. Neither group is affiliated with any specific Dr or medical institution, and each group seems to have a slightly different focus. The Toms River one (Begin a new You) is more informational support, while the Brick one (OC WLS) is more emotional support. If you need any further information, please e-mail me. The next Brick meeting is on Friday, December 12 at 7:30pm at 525 Jack Martin Blvd, 3rd floor. The next Toms River meeting is on Wednesday, December 17 at 7pm at Community Medical Center, Auditorium B. Hope to see you at one or at both!
JC N.
on 12/5/03 11:01 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Jim!!! Absolutely YES!!! Begin A New You OSSG is a patient to patient support group . . . currently we hold meeting at Community Hospital in Toms River the third Wednesday of each month. . .Auditorium B. . .also if any of your family members or other "supporters" would like to come they are also welcome!!! You can NEVER have too much support!!! I belong to 5 groups (some online) and I am amazed how much I learn each and every day!!! If you're interested in joining our on line group please privately e-mail me and I will forward to our Membership person. . .we try to put information on our site to help people prepare for the surgery too. . .hope to see you at Toms River one of these days. . .when you come please introduce yourself to me!!! Take care! Judy Begin A New You OSSG
Alice O.
on 12/9/03 5:48 am
Hi Jim, There is also a support group in Monmouth County at the office building near Monmouth Medical Center. This month's meeting is at 7:00 pm on Thursday, 12/18. It's a good group, very supportive. Good luck with your approval. Alice
Jim M.
on 12/15/03 11:47 am - Brick, NJ
I have had my surgical date for over 7 weeks. January 7, 2004 was looming larger and larger....I called the Docs OFfice to see what was going on Friday and found out I had been approved for the surgery on the 9th of December. I must admit I was stunned, I sat here staring at the phone, numb, exhilerated...and excited! This has beensuch an invasive, painful and personal jouirney. ALl the prodding and questioning, looking into your own past is frightning. Well. I finally stared that down...lol! Now it is look forward, look forward......to the 27th. I must admit I am a nervous, alright, a little frightened, but now I cant wait to finish on the 27th the journey that started for me last May. I will try my best to be at the January meeting, what is the date and where? Thanks Jim
Most Active
Recent Topics