My First WLS Thanksgiving

jlewisjr
on 11/27/03 7:06 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: Hope everyone is having a Happy Thanksgiving. Today marks my first WLS Thanksgiving. As everyone was stacking their plates at the table today, I just had a little turkey, a little ham and a little vegetable.. It did not bother me a bit that the rest of my family was "pigging out". In fact, I was happy that they were enjoying themselves. I know that I was thankful that I have the tool and the determination to become a heathier person and I can survive without feeling the need to "pig out". After my meal, which I could not finish, although the total amount of food was only approximately 5 tablespoons, I was not suffering from heartburn and that "stuffed" feeling the rest of the family was suffering with. I waited about 90 minutes and had my desert. My mom made me a sweet potato pie with Spendra so I guess I will be eating a sliver a day for about 10 days (LOL). All in all for me it was a good thanksgiving. Tomorrow morning it's back to the gym. Jesse
Tara B.
on 11/28/03 12:49 am - Eatontown, NJ
sounds like you did great! i go to another WLS board and so many of them told of how great their first wls turkey day was. how they were still able to eat good but not a whole lot of it. i can't wait till it's me!
Georgette C.
on 11/28/03 10:56 am - Princeton Junction, NJ
Jesse, Sounds like it was a great holiday. I can't believe for such a short time since your surgery that you can eat such a variety of foods. That is so wonderful. Even though your eating alot less you're really not depriving yourself of anything. How special is your mom!?! First a suit then sweet potato pie, does she love to spoil you or what???? lol Will she share her recipe? Have fun at the gym..... Georgette
Most Active
Recent Topics