Help!!! Surgery is Monday!

Stacy B.
on 11/24/03 11:37 am
So many questions! What do I bring to the hospital? I see people keep talking about shakes, what is recommnded? MY primary care physican said i need B12 shots, cant I take pills or under the tongue? I have been so swamped with work I did a lot of reserach to get to where Im at but have yet to really look into day of and forward.Any one have feeback on HAckensack Univ. Med Ctr? All feedback si GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Stacy
Georgette C.
on 11/24/03 2:06 pm - Princeton Junction, NJ
Hi Stacy, I am also pre-op so I can't offer much advice. Most surgeons have either a support group they are connected to or staff that should be able to answer all your questions. Good Luck on Monday. Georgette
JC N.
on 11/24/03 8:55 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Stacy and all! Please privately e-mail me and I'll send you a list of what our members have used as a guide both for the hospital and for when you come home. . .anyone that is interested please send me an e-mail and I'll send you the information. . .please feel free to call too if you'd like to talk. . .hope to hear from everyone soon!!! Judy Begin A New You OSSG
Irene S.
on 11/26/03 8:58 am - NJ
Hi Stacy, I have a friend that had an open rny with dr. capella. She thought the hospital staff were wonderful. They have a floor dedicated to wls patients, and I understand that quite a few of the staff have had surgery, so they're particularly helpful. Hackensack is a great hospital! Relax! You'll be in great hands there! irene
JC N.
on 11/26/03 8:34 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Stacy! I have a list of things that you'll find useful when you come home. . .please e-mail me privately and I'll send it to you. . .my anniversary is in two days but I know and remember just how you're feeling right now. . .you'll be fine. . .you'll be in my thoughts and prayers too! Judy Begin A New You OSSG
Elizabeth A.
on 11/27/03 12:07 pm - Beachwood, NJ
Stacy you will need a robe, slippers. I also brought my own feathered pillow from home. The hospital has everything else you need. You will be on liquids after surgery. What you need most as your day gets closer is to leave your home tidy. Get plenty of rest walk and drink lots of water. When you get home you wont be able to do much (Iam one week postie) Today I was able to barely make my bed.
Most Active
Recent Topics