doctors

Sharon G.
on 11/15/03 5:09 am
does any one know of doctor(surgeon) in the middlesex county area that does not require money up front, all the ones that i have contacted all want from 2600 -3500 up front and i know that the insurance pays the surgeon 11000 for surgery if any one can help with this problem i would really appriecate it. thanks sharon g
Nannette
on 11/15/03 9:48 am - Toms River, NJ
Sorry - not in the Middlesex area, but not too far away -- United Surgical on Staten Island - right off the expressway. 718 226 1300.
Talnkiss
on 11/15/03 11:03 am - Robbinsville, nj
I go to Dr. Michael Nusbaum in West Orange and he does not require any money up front. I am traveling an hour 1/2 to him and I don't mind. He is very nice and I hear an excellent Dr. Haven't had my surgery yet tho. Good Luck
Carrie C.
on 11/16/03 12:14 am - North Plainfield, NJ
I am seeing Dr. Abkin in Florham Park. I live in North Plainfied. Surgery scheduled for Jan 6, 2004. The only thing is that you have to attend one of their seminars out of Morristown Memorial before they will even see you. It did not take me long to get an appointment and as long as you bring all of the completed paperwork with you on your consult visit they will schedule an appointment for you. They also prefer that you go to their psych doctor and their nutrionist both of whom were excellent. Good Luck Oh By the way he and his associated are listed on NJ top 1000 surgeons list.
SAVAGE
on 11/16/03 1:58 pm - Howell, NJ
Dear Sharon, I have Qual Care PPO as well. You need to call them and they will give you the list of docs in your area who do the surgery. I had them send me a list im my area. I have heard a lot of docs ask for thousands up front and like you I do not have that to pay. I am seeing Dr Boaro at Monmouth Medical in monmouth county dec 19th. Best of luck, Qual Care is usually easy to get approval provided it is medically necessay. Best of luck. JOYCE
Krissy
on 11/20/03 12:54 am - Cranford, NJ
Sharon, I know how frustrating it can be to be deterred by lack of funds to meet the doctors "fees". Please do not let this stop you from making the most important decision of your life! With what I have been saving on my food bill as a post op, I could have paid those fee's 10 times over LOL Have you tried talking with any of the surgeons to see if they do any charity cases? Lots of luck to you! ~Kristin
JC N.
on 11/20/03 9:18 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Sharon! I'm going to call a few offices today and see what information I may be able to get and pass on to you. . .please hang in there. . .I know it is really frustrating having to deal with all this when you need this surgery. . .money is an issue for quite a few people. . .gastric bypass has become very popular and is of course a business like anything else. . .I'll post again later to you. . .Take care! Judy Begin A New You OSSG
Most Active
Recent Topics