Venting

SeaShoreClams H.
on 11/10/03 1:16 pm - Jersey City, NJ
My fiancee is having his surgery tomorrow and I must say I am scared to the bone. I haven't been able to sleep for over a week worrying about him. You just never know what is going to happen. Before the surgery I was in perfect health, nothing should have gone wrong, and I developed a leak. It was VERY hard. You just never know what is going to happen. It's out of my control and there isn't anything I can do to make things better except to be brave for him. I don't know how my fiancee was so brave when I had my surgery. Now that it's his turn I am torn to pieces. What if he dies? My God, that is my biggest fear. I pray to God that all goes well and there will be no complications...or death. My fiancee kepts tell me to have faith....but it's so hard. There are times I have faith in the doctor and God But I just keep thinking bad thoughts. But the truth of the matter is he needs it or he will die an early death; he will no longer have pains all over his body; and overall, he will be happy. I want that for him more than anything. I just wish, for the both of us, we could have lost weight without the surgery. Wishing is not getting. I tip my hat off to all who has spouses, friends, or family that underwent the RNY surgery. I just wish I was as brave as you. But I will certainly try.
Talnkiss
on 11/11/03 9:17 am - Robbinsville, nj
Good Luck to both of you, I will think & pray for him. It will be ok Keep your chin up Sharon
lorien
on 11/12/03 9:15 pm - morris county, nj
Good luck to both of you. Just remember to support him and hug him as he takes this wonderful step towards his future.
SeaShoreClams H.
on 11/14/03 3:38 am - Jersey City, NJ
Thank you all for your support. He is doing well. He is uncomfortable and in a little bit of pain. He is coming home today. Now I can spoil him rotten! I was so nervous. When the nurses came to get him, I was asked to wait outside. I started feelign sick and I held on to his mother, and ran to the closest empty room to throw up. The support of his family helped me greatly. It was very hard not to cry. I did let a few tears out but I held it in. The surgery lasted 3 and half hours, no complications. Thank God. It was hard seeing him hooked up to so many tubes. But this is for the best, and since I underwent the surgery first, I can make it easier for him.
Georgette C.
on 11/14/03 2:40 pm - Princeton Junction, NJ
EraDee, I'm so glad to hear that your boyfriend is doing so well after surgery. I hope and pray he will continue to do well. I just read your story about your surgery and all you went through. I feel so bad for you. How are you doing now? As much as you want to spoil him and take care of him, you better still be careful after all you've been through. Both of you take care and keep us posted. Georgette
SeaShoreClams H.
on 11/15/03 2:21 am - Jersey City, NJ
I am doing well. I just feel a little bit tired and weak. My "hole" is now 1/2 an inch. YEAH. I'm still getting sick though. For example yesterday I was driving and I got nauseous. I rarely get nauseous before the surgery and now food, the though of food, or nothing makes me nauseous. It's a hard adjusting. So I am just taking it one day at a time and try to make the best of it.
Most Active
Recent Topics