Question for all

Talnkiss
on 11/5/03 11:27 am - Robbinsville, nj
Hi all, I have had something strange happen this week. My Doctors office said that they sent my paperwork to my insurance co on or about Sept 29, 03. I have called both offices every week and I am being told by both offices that it is in predetermination. Well today the insurance co told me that they never received my info and that I have nothing on file. ANd was not very nice blaming the doctors office. So, I caled the doc office and they said that that is not true, The did. And would get back to me in the next day or 2. Did anyone ever hear of this happening??? Do I have to wait the 6 more weeks???? Ouch not good all around now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sharon
Tara B.
on 11/5/03 10:03 pm - Eatontown, NJ
omg!!! that same exact thing happened to me!!!! except in my case it took 9 months to realize it. my surgeon office called me 2 weeks b4 my surgery and told me i was never pre-approved, which by their policy you don't receive a date without an approval. that was the first screw up. so we send everything to the insurance company and i get denied for lack of info!!! they said they needed a psych consult and nutritional consult which i had 9 months earlier!! so i appealed right away and sent what they needed, i was approved for surgery 2 days b4 the surgery but my surgeon had already taken me off the schedule for the original denial. so now i have a new date for march 25th. good luck to you, very stressful situation.
Talnkiss
on 11/6/03 10:08 am - Robbinsville, nj
You must of freaked out. That is sooo crazy. Hopefully it will all work out for me, you and everyone else. I feel like the insurance people have all of fates in THEIR HANDS. And I don't like it Good luck, Sharon
Georgette C.
on 11/8/03 2:18 pm - Princeton Junction, NJ
Hi Sharon, I feel your pain! Waiting and dealing with Insurance Co.'s is the worst. I'm working on my 2nd appeal with CIGNA and it's been terrible. I find now all papers I send I send registed mail return receipt. This way they can't play games with you. Also you have to follow up constantly and keep a record of everyone you speak to and what they've told you. Hope you don't have to wait to long. Good Luck. Georgette
Most Active
Recent Topics