surgeon info for Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick, NJ

Kathy W
on 11/1/03 4:58 am - NJ
HI all, Does anyone know if there is a sureon in RWJ who does the DS procedure? My husband's insurance has changed so that if I must have it done at either JFK in Edison (which does not perform gastric weight loss surgeries) or RWJ in New Brunswick. I have no problem going to RWJ but I really am interested in having a DS procedure and every surgeon that I investigate only seems to do bypass. I really wanted a Lap DS but at this point am willing to consider an open DS. If anyone has any info it would be truly appreciated. Thanks, Kathy
Nannette
on 11/1/03 8:41 am - Toms River, NJ
Not in NJ, but United Surgical Associates (Drs. McMullen, Nicastro and Coppa) in Staten Island, do the Open DS. I used them although I had a Lap RNY. Their number is 718 226 1300. Good luck.
Leslie H.
on 11/2/03 10:45 am - Rumson, NJ
Okay, I should know this but what's a DS procedure?
Nannette
on 11/3/03 12:00 am - Toms River, NJ
Duodenal Switch -- It leaves more of the stomach intact, but bypasses much more of the intestine. You lose more weight faster and have more of a normal appetite, but one of the side effects is several bowel movements per day and extreme prolonged flatulence!
Leslie H.
on 11/3/03 1:13 am - Rumson, NJ
I figured that out after I asked. DOH! Dr. Andrei doesn't do this procedure?
Sharon G.
on 11/10/03 8:18 am
HI KATHY MY NAME IS SHARON ON OPPS I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I THOUGHT WITH THE BLUE CROSS I COULD GET AWAY WITH GOING TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL IE MORRISTOWN TILL I SPOKE WITH THE QUALCARE REP TODAY AT WORK, PS I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE CHANGE NONE OF MY DOCTORS ARE IN IT AND I GUESS IT WAS CHEAPER THAT THE BLUE. YOU CAN REACH ME AT [email protected] OR IM ME AT ALJER ON AOL SHARON
Most Active
Recent Topics