Medical Leave

Carrie C.
on 10/31/03 12:42 pm - North Plainfield, NJ
I am scheduled for surgery on Jan 6, 2004 and am just wondering if I should request medical leave from my employer. If so would the surgery qualify for temporary disability like when someone has a baby. My employer is aware that I am scheduled for the surgery and I will be out of work but I am not sure whether to take medical leave or my vacation time. I am hoping to be able to return to work in 2 weeks time but need to know just in case this time frame should change. I work in an office so there is no lifting involved in my occupation just sitting behind a desk and dealing with clients. Also to anyone who has had the surgery I have 3 children one of which will only be one at the time of my surgery has anyone had this experience and what should I expect? My dh and mom will be around to help out for the first week and then back to work they will both go. Thanks for any information you can offer me. Carrie
Tara B.
on 10/31/03 10:27 pm - Eatontown, NJ
Do you have an HR at your job? you would talk to them about temp pay while out. i believe you just have to be employed by them for 6 months or more. i was wondering the same thing about the kids. mine are 2 1/2 and 6 1/2 and i didn't realize just how much i really do pick my 2 1/2 year old up. but my mother-in-law lives 3 streets away and she wi;; practically be moving in with me for a short while. she had a lap band done in sept. so she knows that i will need the help.
Lucia M.
on 11/8/03 7:42 am - NJ
I agree with the last posting check with your HR dept. In my case, it will be counted as short term disability although I think it is called family leave these days. Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics