Another Insurance Story Part III

Anna M.
on 10/31/03 8:32 am - Elmhurst, NY
I need some serious feedback from GHI - (HMO) or (POS) members - I have read such varying degrees, some were approved within a matter of days, and some WLS GHI members waited weeks, even months you see my dilemma here - those who waited, was it because of paperwork, other medical tests? Those of you who got through this rather quickly - what do you think really contributed you having literally NO PROBLEMS! - I know one major factor GHI (WLS - users) advised was to be very nice to the representives no problem with that - you also said be persistent - I will, I will - but some of the reps are misinformed about a lot of things. I won't believe I'm approved until I'm on the table. My doctors assistants are nice but rather laid back & I do not think I can rely on them to help me - so I need my WLS peers
Elizabeth A.
on 10/31/03 12:25 pm - Beachwood, NJ
Anna Give all they request. Diets letters etc etc But If you are denied get in touch with Obesitylaw.com I was denied twice. I got in touch with Mr. Lindstrom he wrote a letter to my insurance company (25 )pages. In 2 weeks he confrence me in on the telephone with my insurance company. He spoke my case I was approved in 2 hours. It will cost about $1,000 But its less then having to pay for this surgery. By the way he is an Advocate lawyer who had the surgery a few years back. Hope you get approved easily Liz
Anna M.
on 10/31/03 10:37 pm - Elmhurst, NY
Elizabeth - thanks for the information for the Advocate Lawyer, I hope I won't need it. It is really strange how some people from the same medical provider get approved almost immediately and others wait for months or even a year. HOPEFULLY when you read this you be a LOSER!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics