Two questions

SeaShoreClams H.
on 10/28/03 2:32 pm - Jersey City, NJ
I had the open RNY surgery a little over a month now. My butt hurts when I sit down over 10-15 min. Luckily I haven't gone back to work but I am concerned. Has anyone else had this problem before? Also since I had my surgery open, there was a small "hole" open for the fat to melt, according to the doc. Since he took the staples out almost two weeks ago, the "hole" is huge and is growing. It's about an inch big now. I will call the doc tomorrow, but had anyone else had the same problem also? help!
SAVAGE
on 10/28/03 3:12 pm - Howell, NJ
HI! JOYCE HERE, i WOULD ASK TO DOCTOR TO LOOK AT YOUR INCESSION . THE LAST THING YOU NEED IS FOR IT TO OPEN UP MORE . I WOULD INSIST HE LOOK AT IT. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU. JOYCE
Tara B.
on 10/28/03 9:18 pm - Eatontown, NJ
my aunt had that with her open and it took like 2 months to offically close. but she was told to pack it with saline soaked gauze pads and to change it twice a day. every doc is different but this is what she was told to do. i would call the doc if it is growing.
Linda 1.
on 10/30/03 9:55 am - Northern, NJ
CALL THE DOCTOR My incision had to be packed, it must heal from the inside out! What you see may just be the tip of the iceberg, my opening was less than an inch but was over 3 1/2 inches DEEP and required nursing care in my home daily. DO NOT RISK INFECTION, get it taken care of ASAP!
Most Active
Recent Topics