Does it matter which group you go to if you don't go to that doctor???

Talnkiss
on 10/26/03 11:49 am - Robbinsville, nj
Hi all New here with sooo many question. 1. Does it matter what support group you go to when u have a different doctor?? I see groups that have specific doctors name on them, Is that for only their patients??? Thanx so much Sharon
Georgette C.
on 10/26/03 1:12 pm - Princeton Junction, NJ
Sharon, I am going to Dr. Brolin and he had people at his support meeting in Sept. that didn't have a surgeon yet. His meeting was at the Radison on route 1. It was very informative. I,m pre op and rather new also. Live in West Windsor. Georgette
COZETTE
HENDERSON

on 10/26/03 9:43 pm - TRENTON, NJ
hey sharon u live close to me i live in trenton nj, in well my doctor is dr.kahalil in paterson nj so i will be startin group out there soon but i'm tryna find one closer to my area i'ma call my ddoctor today cuz i hate to keep goin from trenton to paterson for one hour group meetings takin the train everytime..............
Tara B.
on 10/26/03 9:50 pm - Eatontown, NJ
i don't think it matters at all. if the doctor you go to doesn't have a support group, mostly all other support groups will welcome you anyway, regardless of who your doctor is. it's for support..it doesn't matter from who. good luck!
Georgette C.
on 10/26/03 11:29 pm - Princeton Junction, NJ
Hi all, I just heard back from Dena, who runs the support group for Dr. Brolin. The next meeting is Mon. 11/3 at the Radison Hotel on Route 1 in Princeton. I think it is open to all. I just Emailed her back to confirm and will advise. Feel free to Email me if interested in more details. Georgette
Denise W.
on 10/27/03 1:14 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Tara's right - it doesn't matter if you go to a group with your doctor, but it does matter that you go to one! Find one you like and commit to it, you can't go wrong with a good support group! Denise
Jc N.
on 10/27/03 8:20 am
Hi, Sharon! It's me again!!!!! It really doesn't matter which support group or how many support groups or where the support groups are. . .what DOES matter is that you GET SUPPORT. Support is one thing you can never have too much of. . .believe me I've been on my journey for 11 months now. . .I am VERY ACTIVE in my support group as well as reading and posting on other groups. . .sharing information is so important and helpful. . .I also had the privilege of attending the first National WLS Convention held by the WLS Butterfly Foundation in Nashville, TN. It was really great meeting people from all over the country. Most groups welcome anyone who would like to come. . .some groups are closed only to a specific surgeon. I had travelled 80 plus miles round trip at least once a month over the last year for support. The group I am currently with is, at this time, starting to hold meetings at Community in Toms River once a month. . .I am also looking for other areas to hold meetings in NJ. The thing that is important is that when you do have your surgery you follow your surgeons protocol. That only makes sense. Stay well Sharon!!! JCN (Judy)
Talnkiss
on 11/3/03 12:00 pm - Robbinsville, nj
Thank you all for answering my questions, Your all GREAT I'm waiting for my Insurance approval. When I call they can't tell me how far along they are?? IS that normal??
Most Active
Recent Topics