Hi Everyone... I'm two weeks and counting till surgery RNY

Doreen C.
on 10/25/03 10:39 am - Freehold, NJ
Hi All, My name is Doreen..and I'm scheduled for the RNY on November 7th at Princeton Medical Center...would love to hear from anyone that had surgery recently...I'm strangely calm at the moment, even though I'm only two weeks away from the surgery. I'll be attending an educational program next week and going to the support group run by NJ Bariatrics. Any feedback about what to expect right after surgery would be greatly appreciated...thanks and best wishes to you all in your journeys to the lighter side
Jc N.
on 10/25/03 2:07 pm
Hi Doreen! NJ Bariatrics has a good support group called Lighter Reflections. . .they will definately give you a good source of information. . .I had my RNY done 11/29/02 at St. Peter's in New Brunswick. I am a diabetic but down from 5 shots a day to one and at 11 months out I have lost 105 #'s with no nutirient deficiencies. . .I found a recliner to be my best friend for the first three weeks post op. . .support is key to your success!!! Learning new is habits at times will be difficult but you can do this too. . . I belong to another support group (actually 5 right now including Lighter Reflections) and am a Trustee for Begin A New You OSSG. Currently we having meeting space in Toms River and hopefully will be having other locations throughout the state. . . Feel free to contact me if you ever have a question or need to talk!!! JCN
Most Active
Recent Topics