new twist

Tara B.
on 10/20/03 4:12 am - Eatontown, NJ
well, i called the surgeon last week to see if the new dates have started going out. they said the end of the month and this is the end of the month to me. lol. anyway, they informed me that they lost their medicade/medicare numbers and that the surgery will not be happening this year. in fact...it might be feb or march or longer. so, i decided to look for a new surgeon because this is the 3rd major thing that has gotton in my way as far as having my surgery. i called many docs before finding one that takes it. but i found one. in atlantic city about 2 hours away from here. at this point he can be from california! so i have a seminar to go to on sat and then they said it will be a week for the 1st consultion...big difference from the 5 months it took last time. i have a question...anyone else switch doc's along their journey? and if so can my approval be switched from 1 doc to another? i talked with a woman who did and she said it took her 1 week. the girl who answered the phone at this doc's office said i have to get another approval but that i would have to talk with the doc about all the tests i had done and etc. i'm so excited! wish me luck!
TaraStewart
on 10/22/03 1:05 am - Willingboro, NJ
Honey, why don't you try calling Dr. Vishal Mehta he is in somerset and not as far away from you as AC would be. From my consultation date to my surgery date was exactly 28 days and I had my seminar the same day as my consult. It was so fast. I'd be fuming if that happen to me. His number is (732) 745-0999 his website is www.mehtabariatriccenter.com
TaraStewart
on 10/22/03 1:06 am - Willingboro, NJ
Oh yeah he does his surgerys out of St. Peters medical center in new brunswick, that's only about 45 minutes tops from Eatontown.
Caren H.
on 10/22/03 8:09 am - Ocean, NJ
I went through 3 Dr.s in 3 years. I finally chose Dr. Romanelli. He did a great job on my surgery. However I don't find his bariatric staff to be the greatest. Luckily I have not had any major problems. Good luck to you.
Tara B.
on 10/22/03 2:14 pm - Eatontown, NJ
thank you both. but i called both those doctors before finding this one in AC. neither of them take my insurance. i started this journey last july with making my appointment with my first consultation being 12/10/02. i am getting very angry and want this over with! LOL.
Most Active
Recent Topics