I am home and an update

TaraStewart
on 10/13/03 1:37 am - Willingboro, NJ
Okay, lets see so far, I am feeling rather well considering everything. I am starting to hate broth, it's starting to make me gag. This liquid clear diet is a ***** not much on the menu. I am not really hungry at all, but am just eating something to get some calories in me. If I get 100 calories a day, that is a lot. I am weak and dizzy sometimes, but I think that is from the lack of food. Next week when I move onto my pureed diet, I am sure to feel a bit better. Tomorrow my drain and staples get removed, yeah, cause I am getting itchy - I have less and less fluid in the drain everyday, so we'll see; but I think that is a good sign. I have been sleeping tons though. I thought I'd be sick of sleeping and I get up and an hour later I am ready for another nap. I am not really in any kind of pain, except for the occassional gas bubble that travels up to my shoulders and gets stuck. A heating pad has helped that though. On my home scale, when I left for surgery I was 270.8, today I am 259 or so, so about 11 pounds in 5 days. Can't complain there. I have lost all my IV fluids by now, so I am not so puffy, I looked like a stuff saugase in the hospital. Well that is all for right now. Will report more the end of the week. Thank you for everyone that called me and came to visit me in the hospital.
Tara B.
on 10/13/03 2:01 am - Eatontown, NJ
Congratulation!!! sounds like you are getting around pretty well. i love updates so i will be patiently waiting. i'm a sponge soaking up everyone else's experiences so i can better prepare for my own. lol. good luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics