Help

Dawn is D.
on 9/29/03 4:51 am - Dayton, NJ
Hi Everyone- I have decided to pursue this surgery and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on Dr. Mehta or Dr. Brolin. They both practice in Central Jersey. Also, if any can recommend a good surgeon in my area. Thanks! Dawn
TaraStewart
on 9/29/03 5:27 am - Willingboro, NJ
Hi Dawn, I am up the road from you off Rt. 130 about 1/2 hour in Willingboro. I am scheduled to have surgery on 10/8 and my surgeon is Dr. Mehta. I was recommended to him from one of his patients David Fanslau and he is indeed the nicest guy (nice looking too). He is very informative and seems to take the time with his patients to address their questions and concerns. He has a website it is www.mehtabariatriccenter.com I believe. I am about 1 hour away from his office and St. Peter's and I am using him. There are so many good surgeons out there, I only met Dr. Mehta, cause once I did, I was hooked. I first met with him on 9/11/03 and today18 days later, I was approved from United Healthcare. So excited, yet sooooooooo nervous. I wish you the best in your journey and feel free to email if you'd like. I can't answer anything about what the surgery is like, since I have not experienced that yet, but I can be there for you for support if you need it. Tara 277lbs as of today at 5'9"
David F.
on 10/1/03 9:30 pm - Sicklerville, NJ
Dawn: I would highly recommend Dr. Mehta. I had surgery on June 25, 2003. My surgery was complication-free. I have lost close to 70 pounds since surgery, and 86 pounds since my highest pre-op weight. In fact, I have my 3-month follow-up appointment this afternoon with Dr. Mehta. Dr. Mehta's ofice is on Route 27 in Somerset. You may get a consult appointment at (732) 745-0999. Also, Dr. Mehta has his next free seminar scheduled forr this Sunday, October 5th at the Philadelphia Doubletree Hotel. I wish you luck in your WLS journey. If you have questions, feel free to contact me. You may also be interested in joining our support group at http://groups.msn.com/BeginANewYou/_homepage.msnw?&pps=k Dave Fanslau
SAVAGE
on 10/3/03 2:45 pm - Howell, NJ
Dawn, i have not seen dr brolin, however i have been to different support groups in the aea he is suppose to be an excellent surgeon. I have also heard several say his bedside manner is not the best. BUT he is suppose to be one of the best in NJ from what i am told. Joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics