Greetings From The Other Side

jlewisjr
on 9/25/03 8:44 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: Sorry it took me so long to post but I made it to the other side on the 19th and get home from the hospital Tuesday. My doctor told me that I will be going through hell for the first couple weeks and he is correct. Sometimes I feel fine and sometimes I feel like s--t. Today I ventures to the bank and to get some lottery tickets ($142 million is too tempting to pass up). I was drained by the time I got home. So what do I do next, I go to the grocery store to get Crystal Light and some more sugar free clear liquid stuff I wanted to go along with the broth, jello and stuff I already have and I am really bushed now. I'm hot sometimes and I'm cold at other times. Sometimes I'm hot and cold at the same time. I have been told that this will pass and I hope that it passes quickly. My sincere thanks to all of you for your prayers, encouragement and support. Every journey begins with making the first step and now that I have made that step, I look forward the the many great steps to follow. I'm happy that I have people like all of you to walk with me. My first follow-up appointment is next Thursday and I will be able to update further after I lose the drain. Jesse
jenmeg4599
on 9/25/03 9:42 am - SADDLE BROOK, NJ
hi jesse welc ome to the other side. I wish i could tell you that the hot and cold will go away andmim sure the hot does. I not so sure on the cold. I am 1 yr post op and i am always cold. The doctore told me it was the bodies way of dealing with the rapid weight loss and once i stopped losing i wouod go away but 9 dont htink that will happen because you now have less body fat to keep u warm. My continued prayers are with you. Jeanine
NJChick
on 9/25/03 12:03 pm - NJ
Congrats Jesse!! I have been following your story for the last two months. Keep going you will do great. Keep the faith.... Deb
Tara B.
on 9/25/03 10:26 pm - Eatontown, NJ
Congratulations!!!!
lorien
on 9/26/03 2:23 am - morris county, nj
Welcome to the losing side! Every day does truly get better than the day before. This is one fabulous journey. Linda
SJWendy
on 9/26/03 11:53 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Congratulations Jesse! Happy to hear you had an uneventful hospital stay...my continued thoughts are with you for the beginning of the rest of your life! Best of luck to you, can't wait to be a "loser" too!~
Most Active
Recent Topics