Curious about food plans

Denise W.
on 9/17/03 3:56 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Reading these boards, I've seen different people talk about different foods and I'm curious - what kind of food plan were you given to follow? I was given a very stringent food plan, actually I'm still on one, but the first 8 weeks was very set in what I could have and couldn't have. Now, I'm on 400 calories a day, 3 grams of fat per meal and no more than 40 grams of carbs per meal (no more than half of that can be sugar). At 6 months, I start to add calories and fat grams until I hit 1000 calories, which is for life. I'd love to know what foods or food plans others are asked to follow. Want to share? Denise
Leah R.
on 9/22/03 9:41 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Denise, Your plan sounds a lot like the Virtua New Beginnings plan- i think its the same (especially if you had your surgery there, im not sure). Everyone I talk to is different. My sister just had surgery there on Sept 16th, and I have been helping her with her plan. From what i am seeing on the chat rooms, people are eating just about anything. Someone was saying they were eating cheesesteak and potato skins! i would think that if you teach your body how to eat those things again, you are defeating the purpose, but i dont know. When i have my surgery at Temple, i am planning on following my sisters food plan if Temple's is not the same. When i made the decision to have the surgery, i bought into the fact that they way i eat and the way i look at food were going to have to change. I am still trying to prepare myself for this now, and my sis has fallen into a bit of depression in the last few days about food. She is working her way through it, but its tough. The surgery doesnt correct the way you feel about food, it just gives you the tool to begin healing your body. Anyway, just wanted to respond. I probably gave you way more info than you wanted, but this is therapy for me talking about it. congrats on your new beginning! Leah
Barbara G.
on 10/6/03 10:46 am - Hainesport, NJ
Hi Denise this really doesn't have anything to do with food, but I see you had your surgery in Jersey at one of the Virtua hospitals. I live in Hainesport near Mt Holly did you know of anyone who may have had emphysema and the surgery? Or of a website that for this problem? I appreciate it if you could respond, thanks in advance.
Most Active
Recent Topics