positive H Poylori test - anyone????

TaraStewart
on 9/15/03 3:50 am - Willingboro, NJ
I just got back my results and they are positive and now I have to be treated with something - anyone have a positive result and how was it treated and did it give you complicatons with surgery?????? My results came back 232, there supposed to be between 20 and 90. What the hell????????????
Denise W.
on 9/15/03 4:47 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Tara, Gotta ask, what is an H poylori test and what is it testing you for? I've never heard of it and didn't have to have it for surgery myself. Just curious! Denise
Tara B.
on 9/15/03 10:07 pm - Eatontown, NJ
mine came back negative but after you are treated you should be fine for surgery. i thought every surgeon tested for h. pylori. being a nurse, i know how inportant that test is for surgery. i guess it's up to the doc. good luck with you Tara, you should be fine. good thing it's only 14 days. they use to treat it for 4-6 months! that happened to my aunt about 7 years ago before she had her surgery.
Nannette R.
on 9/15/03 10:40 pm
Tara - the same thing happened to me. It was no big deal. Many people have a positive H Pylori and don't even know it. In any case, I took the prevpac for two weeks -- three weeks prior to surgery. Had my surgery on my scheduled date and no complications at all. They just want the infection from the pylori treated before they operate to reduce chances of complications. I had surgery 6/16/03 and am down 68 pounds as of today - my 3 month anniversary. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics