1 week to my consultation

TaraStewart
on 9/4/03 9:54 pm - Willingboro, NJ
I am so nervous, not for the surgery itself (that part is the easy part), gettng approved is what scares me. I just have an awful time thinking that Dr. Mehta's office wont be able to get me approved and that I will have to live with this body forever. I am about 5'9 and 260, which gives me a bmi of 39, but I am 100 over and have awful knee pain/back pain/depression/acne, etc.......so hopefully that will help me through this process. I also have been on doctor diets and succedded, but once I was off the pills, I gained back all of it plus some. I plan on the laproscopic approach and had my gallbladder out that way last year and it was a peice of cake (sorry for the pun), but I was up and around within hours after my surgery then and a week later back to normal. So I hope this surgery will give me the same results although I am 30lbs heavier this time; so we'll see. My only other problem is that I worry about the big worry (death). Is that normal to feel like that.
Denise W.
on 9/7/03 11:45 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Tara, Yes, it's very normal to feel that way - you're a heavy person about to have major surgery. But keep your faith and look to the things you will be able to do once you start losing weight. My understanding is if your BMI is below 40, you need two or more co-morbidities, which it sounds like you have. Also, if you have documentation of the diet pills, that'll help too. The doctor might also have you get other tests done, like the sleep apnea test (that's one of the co-morbidities). I wish you lots of luck on your journey - don't get frustrated, just stay focused and you'll get there! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics