Post-op Meetings

EvilGothChic
on 9/2/03 6:25 am - West Paterson, NJ
Hello Everyone! I had an open RNY on August 14th. I live in Northern NJ (Little Falls), but I had my surgery done in Queens, NY. I am looking for Post-Op meetings somewhere in my area. I think Hackensack Hospital has them but I can't find any info. Anyone know where I might be able to go? Dates? Times? Etc. Thanks so much for the help!! Erin
Linda 1.
on 9/2/03 8:26 am - Northern, NJ
Hi...there is a support group run by the patients of Dr. Benotti on the first and third Mondays in Paramus. ( this month it is the 8th of September because of labor day). We welcome anyone who has had WLS. Please check the web site for directions and times if you are interested.....if you need more information please email me. www.morefoundation.org
lorien
on 9/3/03 9:02 am - morris county, nj
Hey neighbor, I'm from Lincoln Park! Hackensack actually has 2 meetings. The one I attend is privately run, no hospital affiliation at all. Its 2 Friday nights a month, at the Hekemian Auditorium at HUMC. their web site is thru yahoo . . . [email protected] They post in advance to remind you of the upcoming meeting, so if you're interested, keep an eye out. HUMC also has a support group of their own, I've never attended, even though I had the surgery there. I believe its something like Monday or Tuesday night. I personally don't like going out on a week night, that's why I stick with the other one. The Switchboard or customer service at HUMC should be able to give you info on it. Good luck, and keep in touch! Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics