Hello, I'm the newest addition......

Susanna B.
on 8/28/03 2:25 pm - Runnemede, NJ
Hello everyboby, My name is Sue and I'm new. I already have a surgery date- if all goes well. My surgery will be December 15th and it will be done by doctor Gus Slotman. Also I already went to have some of the tests done.(sleep- apnea test, upper GI etc) I have not had the opportunity to talk to anybody that actually already had the surgery done, so I'm very glad to have found this website. Anybody up for a long conversation??? Sue (Runnemede, N.J.)
Susanna B.
on 8/28/03 2:31 pm - Runnemede, NJ
Alright, it would have helped to log in, right?? LOL Sorry about that. So here is my log- in
mary P.
on 8/31/03 11:46 am - williamstown, nj
how did you get your date so fast? i have an appt with dr. slotman for oct 16th earliest i could get.. i just had my upper gi and have sleep study appt for 9-11-03 yeah 9\11.... I'd love to be scheduled for dec. best of luck and e-mail me with details
Jim E.
on 9/2/03 12:44 pm - Newton, NJ
Sue, Having a surgery date and having insurance approval may not be the same thing. Many doctors put a surgery date on the application to show sincerity. Most insurance companies require a psych eval, nutritionist eval, thyroid test, strong letter of medical necessity, proof of medically supervised diets, etc. If you have not submitted any of these things it might be in your best interest to call the doctor's office to varify that your insurance company will pay the bill. Otherwise, you could be in for a wopping big bill. Ask for the authorization number and letter of approval from the insurance company. That being said, CONGRATUALTIONS! Just keep an eye on this site as often as you can. If you are having Lap-Band than you should also monitor the group sites under Yahoo called NJbansters and bansterinsurance. These are very informative. Good luck. Jim
Most Active
Recent Topics