New to the Board

Diane B.
on 8/25/03 5:29 am - Lincoln Park, NJ
Hi everyone! My name is Diane. I'm just starting my journey and I have recently been to a support meeting and have started the long process of gathering my records for the doctor and insurance. My insurance is United HealthCare Select/HMO and I want to know how long it takes to be approved. This is all so new to me. You all seem to be old hands at this. I have already chosen my doctor (Dr. Vadim Gritsus). Chilton Memorial in Pompton Plains is now offering bariatric surgery. So any thoughts are greatly appreciated and I'll be talking to you all soon.
Denise W.
on 8/25/03 6:21 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Welcome Diane! I can't help you out with your insurance, but I do have one peice of advice regarding your surgeon. If they just started offering GBS, you might want to check to see how many they've already done, their success rate and what kind of training in bariactrics they have. Not to be a doomsday kind of gal, but you want to have the surgery performed by someone who well acquained with bariactric surgery and not just a surgeon who's decided to start performing it without any kind of background education or practice. That being said, welcome to the boards and lots of luck on your journey! Denise
Judi M.
on 8/27/03 2:29 am
Welcome Diane! I don't have the same insurance as you, but I have AETNA HMO, and once my insurance paperwork was submitted, bit took about 5 days for approval. Good luck to you on your choice! Keep us updated. Judi
Most Active
Recent Topics