Does anyone use Dr. Borao?

Kathy W
on 7/30/03 10:30 pm - NJ
Hi all, Has anyone else used Dr. Borao? I have an appointment with him, not until October unfortunately, for a consult for a DS. I live in Middlesex County and he seems to be the closet surgeon who does Lap DS. Also, from what I've read so far on the boards he seems to be very good. I would really just like to talk to someone who's used him to see if I should wait until October for the consult or try another surgeon. Thanks.
Nannette R.
on 7/31/03 12:42 pm
Although I did not use Dr Borao, I did look into using him -- I had two issues which made me decide not to - he wasn't in my insurance plan and he has a surgical waiting time of one year to as much as 18 months since he only does one to three bariatric surgeries per week. I went to Staten Island instead, had my first consult on April 1 and had surgery on June 16 -- very happy that I went a bit farther in distance, because now I'm closer to my goal - down 44 pounds! Good luck.
mary ann D.
on 8/1/03 1:30 pm - east brunswick, nj
Hi Kathryn...I am also from middlesex cty.... I used dr fetieha in elizabeth and went for my appt the beggining of june and had my surgery on july 14th he is a very caring doctor and I would highly reccomend him unless you have no problem with waiting for the surgery...I also heard dr borao was very good also...Whatever you decide good luck in your journy... Mary Ann
Retbut
on 8/3/03 10:07 pm - Toms River, NJ
Hi, I have met with Dr. Borao twice now and have supreme confidence in him and his staff. I am being operated on for a Lap Band on Aug. 11th . I first saw him in March and he answered all questions, took his time and his record is spotless, I am very happy with him so far and have heard noting but good about him. I do know that when I saw him he only discussed the Lap Band and RNY. Hope this helps, Jack Martin
poohniki
on 8/19/03 2:25 am - Manahawkin, NJ
Hi Dr. Borao is my current surgeon. I am scheduled for Lap RNY for September 9th. I know everyone says he seems young, but I'm only 22 so he seems fine to me. He was very good with his consult, answered any questions either my mother or I had. A co-worker has also had her surgery over a year ago with him, and she loved him. Also my bf's mother is scheduled to have surgery the first week of October. I know the waiting list is long, but don't be discouraged... I have a great feeling it is worth the wait. I had a consult with another doctor who said I was too overweight for him to preform the surgery on me. I'm 307.. to me its not a good weight, but I'm sure I was at least 340 2 years ago, because I used to be a size 32W and now I am a 28. Borao was different, he seemed more confident of himself, therefore I can trust him. This other doctor I could not trust. Well Goodluck with everything!!
Most Active
Recent Topics