Can anyone refer me to a good RNY Lap surgeon - please help

TaraStewart
on 7/24/03 3:01 am - Willingboro, NJ
I live in willingboro, NJ and have an appointment with BTC on 8/29 but heard they only do open, I want lap. I called Dr. Mehta, but I can't afford to give $2500 up front before surgery. I need as little as possible out of pocket money to go out - but still need a good surgeon who will do lap. I had my gallbladder removed last year and have been on Dr. Documented diets for years now, so I know my approval will probably be pretty easy. I also have united healthcare pos Tara
Denise W.
on 7/24/03 6:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Tara, I don't know of any other doctors in the South Jersey area besides Dr. Mehta that do the surgery LAP. I live in Burlington County too and most of the hospitals are run by Virtua Heathcare, which currently have a moratorium out on LAP RNY's. I know there's a surgeon at Rancocas Woods Hospital, (which isn't part of Virtua), but I don't know if he does them LAP. There's also Lady of Lourdes, but I think that's where Dr. Mehta works from, isn't it? I wish you luck. If you can't find a lap doctor, consider the open. I was petrified of doing anything than LAP, until I found out the surgeon I heard such good things about told he refuses to do it LAP, he feels it's just not safe enough. After talking with him and hearing his thoughts on it, I decided to go open as long as he was the one who did it. So while you might really want it that way, don't leave yourself out of options! Good luck in your search - Denise
lorien
on 7/25/03 2:24 am - morris county, nj
Tara, what insurance do you have? If you're willing to travel north, I used Dr. Garth Ballantyne out of Hackensack University Medical Center. I had CIGNA POS. I was absolutely delighted with him and his staff, and the staff at HUMC couldn't have been nicer. Good luck. Linda
Susan L.
on 7/29/03 11:37 am - Hampton, NJ
Hi, I have my surgery scheduled for 9/22 with Dr Berth - They are out of Morristown NJ. They do lap bands and lap rny. My visits with them were great and their office staff are very nice. They are listed on the site. My primary dr recommended him to me because his nurse used them and was very pleased. She was back to work in 2 weeks.
Most Active
Recent Topics