surgery scheduled for 9/2/03

njquintana1
on 7/23/03 3:10 am - Colonia, NJ
Hi, got surgery scheduled for 9/2, little nervous about it. At 475 lbs and 5'8", I am a high risk according to what I have read on the net. I have full confidance in my surgeon Dr. Bertha, hust can't help the anticipation.
Denise W.
on 7/23/03 5:20 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Congrats on your date Roger! I don't blame you, it's a very scary thing. But you have confidence in your surgeon and that's all important. Just do what you're told and you'll do great! I actually got 3 pieces of very good advice from the head nurse the day I checked out of the hospital. She said there are 3 things I should do to help insure I don't have complications and wind up back in the hospital: 1 - Water, Water, and more water - She said the no. 1 reason they see GBS people back in the hospital is because of dehydration. 2 - Walk everyday, even if it's just around in your home - she said people come back with clots from not getting up and moving after they go home. 3 - Don't overeat - Blockage can be caused by eating too much at one time, or eating a hard to digest food too soon. If your doctor is giving you a list of foods to eat the next 8 weeks, stick to it, no matter how sick you get of chicken broth, jello and yogurt. I hope that helps you a little - best wishes on your surgery! Denise
b4_real
on 7/26/03 12:09 pm
I SAID A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY~*~ I said a prayer for you today And know God must have heard- I felt the answer in my heart Although He spoke no word I didn't ask for wealth or fame, I knew you wouldn't mind, I asked Him to send treasures Of a far more lasting kind, I asked that He'd be near you At the start of each new day, To grant you health and blessings And friends to share your way. I asked for happiness for you In all things great and small, But it was for His loving care I prayed the most of all.
Most Active
Recent Topics