LOOKING FOR A NEW SURGEON IN THE NORTHERN NJ AREA

Raven_2823
on 8/10/13 3:43 am

So i called UHC and the rep told me iin order for me to be considered for this procedure. I have to have excerebatted stats?!! ok.. so, since last year i talked to my PCP and she was NOT on board with this. So, i changed my PCP and i found out i had gained weight (more) and have high blood pressure. NOt a little bit.. alot ! It was taken every few 10-15 mins. i was told to be calm ectra. range 179/60 to 190/85 i belive? It was like a yo-yo and i had to keep a log on it throughout my day. So i would stop ant walmart or pathmardk and get it done. At the end i of the next vist with doc i was given a script for High blood Pressure med. I hat it! He was afraid i was going ot get either a heart attack of some sort or brain attack... Now after a year my knees hurt , and i dont' like feeling this way! Thanks for letting me vent!

So, I am not wanting this for looks i want this for my health and to be there for my family. Any advice suggestions appreciated. I fanyone ahs won appeal let me know. Thanks

Raven_2823
on 8/10/13 3:44 am
sunshne28
on 8/11/13 2:15 am

Hi hope everyone is doing well. Ive' been thinking lately of maybe-maybe going to another doctor.. I at this point don't have the funds to go off and fly somewhere to get this done! Nor do i have any credit.

I know one thing for sure .. that i am sooo ready for this!!  I don't know what else to do... really bummed out on this.. uugh! frustrating when you know your ready but that there is something holding this back! It really sucks!

Rpayton3012
on 8/12/13 1:48 am - Jersey City, NJ

HELLO EVERYONE THIS IS REGAN AGAIN I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU ALL A LITTLE UPDATE. I FINALLY GOT A SURGERY DATE (YAYY!!!) ON AUGUST 22, 2013. I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY AND I WILL UPDATE YOU ALL AFTER THE SURGERY.. THANKS REGAN

BelieveInFaith
on 8/12/13 7:39 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

Yay!!   The 22nd will be here before you know it!

Never accept NO for an answer.

Rpayton3012
on 8/14/13 7:05 am - Jersey City, NJ

thanks believeinfaith, but i am so nervous already i just hope and pray that everything will come out ok.

Rpayton3012
on 9/4/13 11:02 am - Jersey City, NJ

hello everyone this is regan again... well, i just want to give an update on me... well, i want to say that i had my surgery on 8/27/2013!!!!!   it was a little painful at first due to the surgeons pump all of that gas in my stomach area. So i was in pain from the gas aches.... I stayed in the hospital for 2 days...I feel no hunger pain...i am still on Stage II-drink protein shakes for two weeks... and i went to my first visit today and I have lost 12 pounds so far..( i was 255 now i am down to 243).

BelieveInFaith
on 9/5/13 5:32 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

Hi Regan! Congrats on the weight loss so far!  I'm glad it all went well. 

Never accept NO for an answer.

Rpayton3012
on 10/11/13 2:26 am - Jersey City, NJ

hello everyone this is regan again and i want to give you an little update on me  after the gastric sleeve procedure. well, as of today ( drum roll) i have lost 36 lbs.  yayy!!!!  i went from 260 lbs to 224 lbs only in 8 weeks. i feel so much better now!!!  my blood pressure is stable now, my diabetes is stable, and i have gain so much energy that i run all round my office ( smile). i have no regrets in regards to the surgery. at first i had some people came to me and said that i took the easy way out and i should of exercise, but i just ignored them because they do not have a clue on what i been threw and how i have gain so much weight!!! So now next week i have finish all of my stages and now i am ready to eat solid foods. so that is it for now i will update everybody on my journey in November and i will talk to yall later.    regan payton

earthy59
on 10/29/13 10:05 am
VSG on 11/18/13

Congratulation Regan,I'm schediual for the same surgery on Nov. 18th with Dr. Bertha, at Morristown Hopspital.

I am so ready for this help, and start living again with out pain, I have a lower back condition for the last 20 yrs,in which I gained

about 150 lbs, keep up the good work , hope I will have the same results

Most Active
Recent Topics