Trouble sleeping after my gastric sleeve surgery advise

Mari-Carrillo
on 2/26/12 12:21 am - NJ
 Hi all my name is Mariella,

I had my surgery 13 days ago and I'm doing good still in the liquids getting my shake so I can get my 60g of protein... However I'm having a hard time sleeping.   I sleep for one hour and I get up.   Last night was my second night that  I could not sleep.... I pray every night that this will go away because I was so happy to start this journey..... 
I started at 253 and I'm down to 228 that's 25 ld should be celebrating but the lack sleep is not good...  Please advised and I want to kno who else has gone through this and if goes away?

Thank you 
Mari
maryc543
on 2/29/12 12:21 am
Have you ruled out all the 'normal' stuff that interferes with sleep?
 Are you having pain?
  Acid reflux?
Are you moving around enough during the day to leave you physically tired at night?
  Are you getting up to pee every hour?

These are all things you can try to control.....    If if a pre-existing insomnia, or something similar, the surgery didn't change it....   if it is not,  there are so mnay reasons it could be happening...  your body dropped 25 pounds,  your experiencing changes in everything else, so a changed sleep cycle isn't unheard of.  My advice....  tough it out for a few more days.....  if you're still not sleeping back to normal,  call your Doc's office and see what they advise....
    You're not in it alone....   just get up in the middle of the night, and POST!   LOL....   
                       Mary  C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics