OT: Halfway thru....

maryc543
on 2/16/12 1:26 pm

Hi All,
I'm halfway thru my doctorate program......  WLS seems like a lifetime ago...but I know, it's what made going back to school possible....   I would have never had the energy 250 pounds ago....
I'm juggling, school, work, a boyfriend  (the South Jersey guy from last year is still around!!), and holding an office in the nursing association.  At 430lbs, I could just make it thru a day at work, and come home and collapse....  now, I fit in a million things to do, then collapse!!!
    My weight is fairly stable,  I never hit a 'normal' body weight for my height, but my losses exceeded the doc's (and mine) expectations.  I wear a size 12, can do stairs, and fit in movie and airplanes seats, and (blush) unless I'm naked, the extra skin isn't too noticeable!
   My surgery was the DS, and it worked for me....but it's not for everyone...    My advice, research, research, research.....  figure out what surgery you can live with, THEN pick a doctor who's an expert in that type.  We have successes (and failures) with every surgery type here on OH, use them as resources and ask questions!
   Good Luck to everyone here, and Come on out to the Inconvenient get togethers....  It's amazing to see and cheer on each other, and to out faces to the typed words!   
                                   Mary  C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

allisarin
on 2/23/12 1:50 am - Bayonne, NJ
I'm so glad you are doing ok. I missed the last few dinner but I'm ready to go out. I hope we do one before the end of March. On March 30 I'm finally getting my knee done so I can walk without a cane. Hope to see you soon Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics