My name is Tom, and I am an addict!!

Tom C.
on 1/11/12 3:34 am, edited 1/11/12 3:49 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

You think with my 4 year Band-iversary coming up (January 28th) by now I would have a handle on my eating habits, but this past HOLIDAY only went to show that old habits can resurface. As a result, I gained around 20 pounds. This seems to be a “normal" pattern for me between Thanksgiving and New Year Day.

Now I can make a 1,001 excuses why I ate the way I did. I know WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE, but I still did what I WANTED to do. I know, you may ask yourself WHY, and the answer is simple, I AM AN ADDICT. Addiction will make us do things we know isn’t right, but we do them anyway. That’s why I empathize with anyone who is dealing with an addiction. While the “masses" may not view obesity as an “true addiction", I think many of us WILL AGREE IT IS.

While this type of behavior seems to me a “normal pattern" for me, what is also a “normal pattern" is come January 1, I get BACK ON TRACK by going BACK TO THE BASICS. For those who don’t know what I do, it’s simple. I pretend that I just had the operation, and I go through all my “eating stages" again, beginning with the liquid stage. I recommend to anyone who is struggling to do this. I truly believe this “resets" the body (and/or mind). I usually tell someone to do each stage for a few DAYS (2 – 3 day each stage). However for me, I need to do each stage for a few WEEKS (2 weeks per stage, like I had to do with the operation).

While I am embarrassed … ok, HUMBLED, to report a 20 pound again, I am pleasured to report that since January 1, I have already lost 10 of those pounds. Can I assure everyone this kind of loss will occur for them, no. But I can promise, for those who are having issues, that doing this will help them lose, and (hopefully) get their mindset back on the ultimate goal – losing weight. YES!!!!

For anyone who is new to the bariatric world, or may be thinking about it, I want you to realize this isn’t an easy process. It takes work EVERYDAY to remain successful. Also, you need to realize during your path to success there will be stumbles and/or falls. What we do after those stumbles/falls is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. We need to get up, dust ourselves off, and remain steadfast down the road of success.

I wish each and every one you a very successful 2012. And please know I am always here for you.

Thank you for listen….errr reading this.

My name is Tom, and I am an addict!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Lisa B.
on 1/11/12 8:27 pm - Trenton, NJ
 Thank you, Tom...My name is Lisa and Im also an addict and really appreciate the advice given. 
monica196642
on 1/22/12 8:52 am - NJ
 I'm one too tom! This is tough. But so worth it!  Back on the "wagon" again for me too   Hope all is well!

"All things are difficult before they are easy."
- Dr. Thomas Fuller

“Be the change you want to see in the world.?  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

AA63
on 1/25/12 4:44 am - NJ
 Very inspiring, honest and powerful. No matter what,- your story is a true success. 
All the best
 http://www.bariatricsurgeonnj.com/procedures/gastric-bypass-surgery-nj/
ebonyfigueroa
on 3/6/12 12:20 am
hi tom long time i gained ten pounds omg i wanted to take my own head off thanks for your post your always so honest im loosing it now with back to basic
Redhead7977
on 3/7/12 11:57 pm - NJ
Hey Tom,
long time no talk, we all need a get together now the weather is getting nicer    We need to catch up and us addict's need to support each other.
What do you think?  Maybe April??
Joann
3grlsmom
on 3/24/12 11:33 am
 count me and cynthia in too!!
Karen in NJ 

Redhead7977
on 3/25/12 6:46 am - NJ
I vote for the Omega Dinner I love that place
Joann
Most Active
Recent Topics