It's GO time! Friday, 7AM Sleeve.....

JohnnyHaha
on 12/29/11 1:59 am - Maywodd, NJ
Does anyone have any last minute advice?  

I'm getting my "last meal" in close to 11PM tonight.  My wife has been supportive and very helpful so far, getting a bag together for me.

What do I need in the bag?  What should I be aware of, in terms of the hospital experience (Hackensack University Medical Center)?

Here's hoping that Dr. Trivedi has a better night of sleep than me!

Thanks for any advice and quick prayers!

JohnnyHahah
Tom C.
on 12/31/11 4:42 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Sorry I only got to see this now. Hope all went well, and can't wait to see you on the Losers' bench in our Winner's Circle.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
JohnnyHaha
on 1/2/12 12:33 pm, edited 1/10/12 1:08 pm - Maywodd, NJ
Hey Tom, thanks for the note.  I survived and cannot recommend Dr. Amit Trivedi ENOUGH. Obviously was still on anti-inflammatories when I left the hospital, but I could walk and cough/sneeze with minimal pain.  In fact, the most painful things were a muscle bruise from being on the table so long and the IV site on my hand.

I'm less that a week out of the surgery and a little anxious, but as I keep telling myself, the risk of NOT having the surgery outweighed the risks of doing it.

And for the record, I was 465 pounds heading into the sleeve.

I'm currently 430!
JohnnyHaha
on 1/25/12 6:34 am - Maywodd, NJ
Quick update.... I weigh 415, which is a loss of 50 lbs since December 30th. 

Hasn't been easy, but Im excited as it's 10% and I feel better.  No leg issues, things that bothered me before the surgery.  I have also scheduled a session with a trainer, so life's change continues.
maryc543
on 1/25/12 10:36 am
50pounds!!!!!!   Congrats and AMAZING!!!!!     Keep it up, and keep posting!   Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

JohnnyHaha
on 2/7/12 12:31 pm - Maywodd, NJ
QUick update... checked in today at surgeon's office and am down ~60 pounds since December 30th.  Feel great, working out, changing bad habits.  All good, glad to have done the surgery.  A little disappointed with the aftercare out of the doctor's office so far, but I'm not really overly reliant on others in other aspects of life.

If you are considering the surgery, please do it.  I feel like it gives me a chance to fully live my life.
Most Active
Recent Topics