Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery looking for friends

martinafisher
on 2/12/12 1:17 am - NJ
Thank you rbb825 for your response.  I didn't realize the shots weren't good enough, I was just following what had been recommended for me to do after my surgery.  I am so nervous about stage 1 more than anything right now.  I am scheduled to have surgery on the 20th and still waiting for the preauthorization.  Hoping all goes well, and that all goes through.  The girl at our office handling my preauthorization has had me on pins and needles waiting for this.  I have horizon blue cross blue shield and they wanted a 6 month type of diet.  My husband is a NJ Carpenter and they said they don't require a 6 month weight loss program.  They want a denial so they can then step in and have it approved for me, so plz wish me luck.  This has been so stressful waiting to the very last minute.  I have all I need ready for when I come home and looking forward to my new birthdate.
rbb825
on 2/13/12 11:35 am - Suffern, NY
which is your primary insurance?  BC/BS or your husbands through the carpentry union?  This makes a big difference if they have difference.  You have to go through which ever is your primary insurance as far as I know but you might want to post on here asking someone who knows more about double insurance carriers - I used to work with insurance when I worked in retail but that didnt involve other policy holders with separate insurance.  Now I have Medicare and I know how that works with supplemental plans and Medicaid but not sure in your situation exactly.  There are many on these boards that work in Human resources that would know your question much better.  Your surgeons office should know also.

What ever happens, I wish you the best.

Just remember - for protein shakes - you want either whey protein or whey isolate - they are the best.

bklyncat58
on 1/19/12 5:20 am - NJ
Hi Tina , you will do great. I was a nervous wreck but needed to do something . Was thinking RNY then got to nervous . So I went with the sleeve I really loving out. eat very small portions . I was never able to do that before you know can't eat one cookie ate the whole bag that is what got me needing surgery. Good Luck you will do great
martinafisher
on 2/17/12 9:24 pm - NJ
Hi Everyone ;)

Just wanted to share the good news that I am finally approved and my surgery is definitely February 20th.  We fought so hard to get it to go through, I almost gave up because it was so emotional to go through.  Horizon BC/BS denied me... I have done so much crying and couldn't handle it.  As I have previously mentioned before, my husband is a NJ Carpenter and if it wasn't for them, my surgery would not be taking place right now.  Thank you all for being such great friends and being there for me, all of you ;)  So glad to have met you, you gave me the strength I much needed.  Please keep in touch ;)

Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics