Support Groups in Bergen County area (besides monthly meeting at HUMC)

Susan B.
on 11/15/11 4:50 am - Bergen County, NJ
Advanced Laproscopic Associates advocates - post op education, when calling the office NO one is aware of their support groups... they do a GREAT job in the pre seminars, but terrible for follow up.  I've been to the monthly meetings at HUMC a few times, and it's not sponsored by Advanced Laproscopic Associates - is anyone aware of any support groups in the Allendale, Ridgewood Area?  Very disappointing - for their patient follow up and administrative skills, I'd not recommend this practice - loved the physician, and I guess that's "most" of it, but any post needs, just not committed! 
Bethprgirl
on 12/4/11 7:23 am
 Hi Susan, i also live in Bergen County, i had my surgery in NYC in 1/07 - i haven't attended a support group in years and would like to find one.  Did you have any luck?
I did not know that HUMC has one - is it well attended?
what about Englewood Hospital?
Susan B.
on 12/8/11 10:32 am - Bergen County, NJ
Hi, I JUST found out that Valley Hospital has a group on the first Wednesday of every month, I missed last nights... the next one is on Jan 4th @ 6PM, at The Kraft Center that is in Paramus (it's actually an office building) - I heard it's well attended and a great group.  Hope you can make it in January! 
Bethprgirl
on 12/10/11 7:10 am
 Thank you Susan! It's on my calendar. 
Have a happy new year!
daniel W.
on 12/9/11 11:28 am - Hackensack, NJ
my surgeon offers open support groups at holy name, englewood and palisades hospitals... check northjerseybariatrics.com...also for banded peeps im involved with 3 facebook support groups as well....u can email me at [email protected] if u like more info....
Tom C.
on 12/12/11 11:57 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Susan,

I would suggest contacting Advance Laproscpoic SURGEONS concering nearby Support Groups. They are great with their follow-up care.

http://www.njbariatricsurgeons.com/

If you (or anyone) send me a personal message, I can send you a list of Support groups through out the state.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Susan B.
on 12/13/11 12:05 am - Bergen County, NJ
If you know of additional support groups, please email me at:  [email protected] 
I have NOT found Advanced Laproscopic at all helpful when it comes to post op and information on support groups... thanks!
Tom C.
on 12/15/11 8:56 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I sent you a list of Support Groups which was last updated April 2011.

Also, my Doctors are a part of Advanced Laproscopic SURGEONS which is much different (and often confused) with A.L. Associates. You may want to give them a try.

Good luck!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics