Maybe its just me, but...

oxfordcat
on 10/15/11 2:27 am - NJ
Hi,

I am scheduled for my RNY on Nov. 1.  It was a year of me dealing with insurance so a long process.  I saw my surgeon back last September '10.  Got the ball rolling.  Did the nutritionist in the office etc.  Finally got approved.  Yippee....  Ok, but now i am just paperwork it seems.  I got the packet telling me what Rx to pick up, procedures that need scheduling.  I feel like he doesn't KNOW me. 

I asked if he needs to see me prior to surgery and "no", not unless I need to see him.  Anyone else feel abandoned?  i mean, i am a bit nervous.  My other doctors (vascular, endocrinology, PCP) have all been so great. 

So, maybe it is just me... words of advice.
Catherine
Tom C.
on 10/19/11 12:57 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Catherine,

I have seen and/or heard wonderful things about Dr. Nusbaum. However if you feel abandoned, or have doubts, my advice is go to another Doctor. I don’t care if it’s bariatric; heart; nose; eye, or general – if you don’t feel comfortable with your Doctor, go to another.

This journey is a long and hard one, and success is dependent on the Doctor and their pre/after care. If feel you cannot talk to him BEFORE having this operation, how are you going to feel AFTER espeically if you have questions or issues.

Please, I don’t want to sway you away from Dr. Nusbaum. Again I’ve heard WONDERFUL things about him. But the bottom line is YOU!! YOU need to feel that your needs/questions are being acknowledged and met.

Good luck, and know we are here for you!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
oxfordcat
on 10/19/11 2:33 am - NJ
Thank you Tom.  I guess i am just overwhelmed too by everything that has to get done in such a fast time frame.  His coordinator said i could come to see him if i need to.  I guess i just assumed he would want to see me.  

From a technical standpoint, i think he is amazing as a surgeon.  I wasn't thrilled with his dietician so i went to Shannon at MMH.  Got so much from her in one visit. 

As long as i have a place to go (here) with you all... i will be fine. 

Catherine
Most Active
Recent Topics