Demesvar A. Jean-Baptiste

Maqwa
on 9/20/11 9:48 am - Union, NJ
 http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/09/3_nj_doctors_have_medical_lice.html

Three doctors had their medical licenses suspended today by the state Board of Medical Examiners, due to criminal charges pending against them.

Demesvar A. Jean-Baptiste, 38, a weight-loss surgeon from Watchung, had paid to park at a house near the Plainfield Country Club in Edison to attend The Barclays on Aug. 23. But prosecutors allege he went to the wrong house, forced his way in, and then threatened to kill everyone inside. Jean-Baptiste was charged with making terroristic threats, third-degree aggravated assault and second-degree burglary — but he had already been subject to board monitoring from an April reprimand stemming from "improper social behavior at a party" as well as billing improprieties at his practice, according to board records.

Two other doctors were also suspended. They are:

• Eugene Demczuk, a 66-year-old internist from Livingston, charged last month with distributing Oxycodone without a legitimate medical purpose and conspiracy to distribute the drug. He allegedly gave an undercover FBI agent prescriptions for $150 apiece, without conducting a physical examination.

• Priscilla Ilem, an 84-year-old psychiatrist from Wayne, charged last month with issuing prescriptions for Oxycodone without a legitimate medical purpose.

Wayne police say she wrote hundreds of prescriptions for Oxycodone and other drugs without conducting examinations, in exchange for cash payments.

All three doctors voluntarily agreed to the suspensions, which will remain in effect until further board action, according to a spokesman for the state Division of Consumer Affairs. Both Demczuk and Ilem’s suspensions began on Sept. 8. Jean-Baptiste’s will begin on Sept. 23. None of the three could be reached for comment.

"These physicians could not be permitted to continue to practice medicine and interact with patients, given the serious nature of the charges pending against them," said Attorney General Paula T. Dow.

None of the doctors could be reached for comment today.

sugarpie
on 9/21/11 9:46 am - Landing, NJ
Wow

NeedNuDoc
on 9/27/11 1:30 pm
Wow is right! Sugarpie....where does your doctor work out of? Sounds like Mine is NOT GOING TO BE THERE FOR ME...So suggestions welcomed. Think about it... at least i had my surgery... i wonder how many people Dr Baptiste let down who thought they were about to have their surgery?? I feel bad for those people...hopefully another surgeon will Help them out.
TV2Night
on 9/28/11 1:34 pm - Hackettstown, NJ
Wow...I am almost 7 years out after Gastric Bypass and I still think of my surgeon as my Hero! I'm not sure what I'd do if he disappeared. I used Dr Abkin and he works with Dr Iannace that Sugarpie used. Their main office is in Florham Park, but they also operate out of St. Peter's in New Brunswick and JFKin Edison, so that should be close to where your Doctor Baptiste was. I would highly recommend their practice and they have a well rounded program whi*****ludes not only the presurgery support and education, but ongoing support afterwards. Give their office a call 973-410-9700 to see if they participate with your insurance. Good Luck on your journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics