I persevered and I won!!!

oxfordcat
on 9/11/11 3:49 am - NJ
Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know that a year ago I started on my journey only to find out my husband's company did not cover the surgery.  I was devastated, but not willing to give up.  I asked for and got much needed support here.  I wrote appeals and got to the Independant Review.   They overturned the denial and now the company must cover the surgery.  I am beyond excited. 

So please, anyone who i****ting obstacles with companies or insurance, please do not give up.  I will post again once i have a surgery date.

Blessings to all.

Catherine
oxfordcat
on 9/11/11 5:53 am - NJ
sorry.  my spelling was off and it was apparently a bad word.  What i meant was :IS Facing obstacles."

Catherine
Tom C.
on 9/12/11 12:47 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Maryellen R.
on 9/13/11 5:23 am - Sayville, NY
 WTG Catherine!

ALWAYS REMEMBER THE 3 P'S, PATIENCE, PERSISTENCE AND PERSERVERENCE, IT WINS EVERY TIME!

(((HUGS)))
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

oxfordcat
on 9/25/11 12:39 am - NJ
Thanks,

I used a lot of all those in a year.  Now to finally apply it to the actual surgery.  I am scheduled for Nov 1 and now it seems it is happening so fast.  I am excited, but nervous. 

I didn't get much from the nutrionist in the dr. office and went to a support group and found a new one.  She was great.  It felt good to be heard and to feel like i had a plan.

Thanks so much to this board.. 

Catherine
Most Active
Recent Topics