Few bumps in the road...

knailnhair
on 8/15/11 1:21 am - Milford, NJ
About 10 days after I had my revision from band to bypass, I was taken to the hospital after vomitting blood and then passing out, was scary for my family members who found me. I was having some internal bleeding...they gave me 4 units of blood and did an upper scope within 24 hours, that showed a small area that needed to be corterized, which they did and I went home. Feeling great and ready to tackle the world, but 2 days later I was releasing blood from the butt.....so another unit of blood and an upper scope and colonoscopey....let me tell you that stuff you have to drink is God awful!!!

They didn't find anything this time...could be from my old stomach but since the bleeding stopped we just have to "wait and see" or hope its run its course.

Well I'm home for 4 days now, eating soft foods and feeling good, very tired but I'm getting there. Everything seems to be doing well, no blood and hopefully on the mend.

People have asked me if I would do it all again...my answer....HELL YES!!!!!!  I love not feeling bloated and already my knees are pain free....I had lost 18lbs after my 1 week visit....I go back to my doc on Thursday so hopefully the scale has moved downward!!!!

Just wanted to share my experience and while it was a bit scary....I still believe this was the best decision I made!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Tom C.
on 8/15/11 8:03 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Thanks Kimi for sharing your experience. Sorry to read of these issues, but glad to know you're ok.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Let us know how Thursday's meeting works out!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
checkitout
on 8/15/11 10:49 am - Newton, NJ
Ooohhh my goodness, I am glad you are on the mend. That does sound scary, I know the worst is behind you and you will have a smooth ride ahead.

Good luck to you, and you will be in our prayers.

Stella

Maryellen R.
on 8/17/11 12:07 pm - Sayville, NY
 Happy to hear that you are feeling better and feel it was the best decision you've made!

I too feel the same way about my surgery!

I
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

knailnhair
on 8/24/11 9:45 am - Milford, NJ
Doc appt went great....all seems to be ok now...tomorrow I will be one month out and am ready to start all foods....I'm so hungry for a salad....:)

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Most Active
Recent Topics