WoooooooHoooooooooo

knailnhair
on 8/2/11 4:19 am - Milford, NJ
Just came from my 1 week post op doctor visit with Dr Abkin. Got my staples out, down 18lbs!!!!!! Feel great!!!

Surgery went great, in hospital 2 nights then home to recoup. Soreness on left side but very minimal pain. Sipped my fluids and kept moving and the gas wasn't bad. I'm on full liquids until Friday then I can go to soft/mushy foods!!!!! I'm craving everything and can't wait to chew!!!!!

What are some of your soft food concoctions???????

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

TV2Night
on 8/2/11 7:10 am - Hackettstown, NJ
Canned Turkey with salsa and shredded low fat cheese put under broiler! I also did crustless pizza (Pizza sauce, pizza spices, low mozz. shredded, Ricotta cheese, Turkey Kilbasi under broiler... i ate this ALOT!)  GREAT JOB for week #1! 

Pat
knailnhair
on 8/2/11 10:20 am - Milford, NJ
Yummmmmmy!!!!!!

That sounds delicious Pat!!! I'm going to try those for sure!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

hockeymom8016
on 8/2/11 9:10 pm - NJ
I am glad to hear you are doing well Kimmy.

Tom C.
on 8/3/11 8:01 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS and KUDOS on your success .. so far .. Know we're here for you!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
allisarin
on 8/4/11 3:08 am - Bayonne, NJ
Glad you are doing so well.
maryc543
on 8/5/11 12:36 am
Kim!   I haven't been on the Jersey board in a bit....  I missed this!!!  What were you revised to?  and where have you been hiding?     Congrats, it sounds like you're doing very well!   Good Luck and Good Health! Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Life is a Beach
on 8/8/11 7:16 am
Congrats Kimi! So happy for you!
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Maryellen R.
on 8/10/11 1:44 pm - Sayville, NY
On August 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM Pacific Time, knailnhair wrote:
Just came from my 1 week post op doctor visit with Dr Abkin. Got my staples out, down 18lbs!!!!!! Feel great!!!

Surgery went great, in hospital 2 nights then home to recoup. Soreness on left side but very minimal pain. Sipped my fluids and kept moving and the gas wasn't bad. I'm on full liquids until Friday then I can go to soft/mushy foods!!!!! I'm craving everything and can't wait to chew!!!!!

What are some of your soft food concoctions???????
 WTG Kimmie!

I did a lot with ricotta cheese, try it with splenda.  Or with sauce and mozzarella baked.  Or with some sugar free davinci syrups....yum!

Hormel chili with taco cheese and cream cheese, bake and yum!

also, try making nonfat sugar free INSTANT vanilla pudding according to package directions, then add a 16 oz tube of cottage cheese (whichever brand and % you prefer) stir together and add just a few raisins and cinamon on top.  Refrigerate overnight and the raisins get nice and plump and I SWEAR this is delicious and a real mouth ******!  

***be careful not to add too many raisins at this point so early on****

Will you be attending any of the conferences?  Can't wait to see you again and give you a GREAT big LIPO HUG!

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

big_ideas
on 8/15/11 10:19 pm - Randolph, NJ
You rock Kimi! Congratulations!

I ate hard boiled egg mashed up with a little lf mayo, salt and pepper; creamy chicken ff soup, applesauce; greek yogurt with mashed banana; friendship 1 percent whipped cottage cheese; tuna ground with a handblender and mixed with mayo; baked mild white fish; pureed turkey chili; and lots of sf pudding and jello.

Best of luck to you dear! Hope to see you soon!

Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics