Protein Suggestions Please!!!

knailnhair
on 7/7/11 1:12 am - Milford, NJ
How did you consume your protein when you were on post op clear liquids???? Wish they made something tasteless we can just put in our water :)

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Tom C.
on 7/7/11 9:40 am, edited 7/7/11 9:50 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Kimi,

I know Unjury makes a flavorless Protein. However I find Unjury a bit pricey.

I did a Google search, and found a few articles on Optimum Nutrition 100% Any Whey Instantized Whey Protein. Many say it’s virtually tasteless, but some complain of an after taste. The numbers are ok: 17 grams of protein, 70 calories, 1 gram of Carbohydrates, 0 Sugar per scoop, so I would use a scoop and a 1/2.

Also with the Google search, I found this OH article which may be helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/3527120/Flavorless-Protein-Mix/

Special K makes a Protein Water mix. Each package has 5 grams of protein. They come in:: Strawberry Kiwi; Ice Tea and Pink Lemonade flavors. Not sure how they taste.

I would suggest speaking to your Nutritionist, or find a nearby “Health food store" (GNC; Vitamin Shoppe; Nutrition Zone), and ask them for suggestion. Many have excellent return policies.

Finally I started using Dymatize protein. From what I have tried, they taste good (I’ve using the Chocolate). I notice they have a Elite Whey protein, and one flavor is Chocolate Mint. Sounds Yummy. And their numbers are too bad: 24 grams of Protein, 117 calories, 2 grams of carbohydrates, 0 sugar.

Good luck, and know we're here for you.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
hockeymom8016
on 7/7/11 9:15 pm - NJ

Hi Kimi,

I drank mine from a water bottle.  It masked the smell.  I used Nectar Iced Tea. I could not drink protein mixed with milk - it was too thick. At first getting in all your protein is going to be difficult but it will get easier as time passes. As Tom said there is a tasteless protein that some people use.  Jen W recommended a protein to me that is not bad but I cannot remember the name right now.

Esther

knailnhair
on 7/7/11 10:46 pm - Milford, NJ
Thanks guys for the replies! Not a big fan of Unjury...going to GNC this weekend to check things out. Only on clear liquids for hopefully 5 days, hoping I can find something to get through, after that I can go back to my favs.

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Alice P.
on 7/7/11 10:50 pm
I didn't care for them but Isopure makes a pre made protein drink that is clear and comes in multiple flavors- a lot of people LOVE it. You can get it at gnc or vitamin shoppe and can buy just 1 of each flavor to try.

I just mixed my protein in 4 ozs of water and choked it down when I was on clear liquids.
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

checkitout
on 7/10/11 1:25 am - Newton, NJ
I had the nectar's that were clearish when I was on clear liquids but I didn't really stress about it till I was able to have full liquids, I like the GNC 100% whey the best. I will confess I put it in my coffee at this point but not when I was early out.

Protein is never tasteless but after a while you become immune to it sort of.

Good luck!

Stella
wife2denizmoi
on 7/23/11 2:17 pm, edited 7/23/11 2:18 pm
For the first week, following surgery, I was on clear liquids, no protein, so by the second week when I was up to milk, it tasted really good....until recently, now I am back to drinking clear protein to supplement protein intake. Have been drinking Isopure apple/melon flavor. Its not awful.

Special K also makes a powder that can be added to water. It comes in strawberry/kiwi and pink lemonade. Its pretty good, but only has 5 grams of protein in it. But it helps.

-HeidiG (Wife2denizmoi) 

Life is a Beach
on 7/25/11 12:44 pm
Was thinking about you today...hope your revision went well! Good luck!
Fran :)
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Most Active
Recent Topics