Psychologist recommendations?

Need4Change
on 6/17/11 5:21 am - NJ
Hi everyone!

My surgery is this coming Tuesday and I've been having difficulty trying to find a psychologist that would be able to have one on one therapy sessions while I'm going thru my journey...

I got the link from OH for psychologist/iatrists and literally just started calling off the list, but  either they are booked, dont return calls, bad hours, etc. 

I'm going to be going to group support as well, but felt it would be in my best interest to get someone locally for a more personal approach.

I live in W.Orange and am willing to drive 30-45 mins. away (it is Jersey afterall - we need 30 mins to get anywhere anyway!).  Does anyone have a psychologist that they can recommend that specializes with weight issues/WLS patients?

Thanks!
Alice P.
on 6/17/11 9:28 pm
I see Dr Erika January at the Overlook hospital medical arts building.  She is wonderful!!!!!!!!!
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Need4Change
on 6/18/11 3:09 am - NJ
Hi Alice!

Thanks for the note... I already called and left a voice message and hoping they'll get back on Monday.  Hopefully shes accepting new patients!

I appreciate the recommendation.  :)

Alice P.
on 6/18/11 9:18 am
This is a pretty new office so I am sure she is accepting new patients!  She isn't in the office on Mondays (I don't think) but I'm sure they will call you back when they get the message.

Alice
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Need4Change
on 6/18/11 2:48 pm - NJ
Thanks Alice!  I will keep my fingers crossed! 
big_ideas
on 6/18/11 10:34 am - Randolph, NJ
There's a doctor that switches off running the Morristown group at Metabolic Medicine and Weight Control Centers (part of Morristown Memorial Hospital). I think he also does private therapy. He's very nice. I want to say his name is Dr. Papcheck, but I could be spelling it entirely wrong. You could google it and ask their office staff.

I have a wonderful therapist that I adore. But I was seeing him long before my surgery, and he doesn't really "specialize" in weight loss or surgery. He's got office hours in Ledgewood and New York. I know neither of those is convenient, but if you're interested I'd be happy to give you his info.

Good luck!

Linda

Need4Change
on 6/18/11 2:49 pm - NJ
Hi Linda!  Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll definitely look up the one in Morristown and if I get stuc****rtainly let you know about the NY/Ledgewood one...   :-)

Tom C.
on 6/18/11 10:31 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I suggest contacting Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board. He’s located in Wayne NJ. No matter where you are, I highly recommended going.

Here is his OH link, send him a message

www.obesityhelp.com/member/drmichaelsakowitz/

Another great Doctor is Anthony S. Papciak in Morristown. Here is his information: 95 Madison Avenue #300Morristown, NJ07960 (973) 898-0400 

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics