walking group

checkitout
on 6/8/11 8:49 am - Newton, NJ
Hello NJ,

I want to start a walking group... I am doing the 39+ mile Avon walk for Breast Cancer again this year on top of the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon and I need some walking buddies to keep me motivated.... So I want to start a group to walk together, it would be a great way to get out and see other people who are in your same shoes and get some exercise... I thought we could use the state parks and do it early in the AM on the weekends, the reason for the state parks is no matter where you are in NJ you are close to a state park so sometimes it would be close and other times it would be a drive, this way it would be fair for all... nothing is set in stone at this point it is an idea and a dream of mine to get people moving!

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks,

Stella

PS.... shameless plug, if you want to make a donation please go to www.avonwalk.org/goto/shrinkingstella  I have not started fund-raising and have to raise $1800 to participate in the 2 day walk.
wharffrat
on 6/9/11 11:53 pm - NJ
I am located in Byram.  I would be interest in walking in a group with others from here.  I am only a little over a week our from surgery, So 39+ miles are a bit much for me. 

State Parks are a great idea.

L8r,
  Chuck :-)

341lbs start journey weight / 325 lbs surgery day weight    
Realize Band Surgery preformed on  6/1/2011
My sharing here on OH is from my own experience, strength, & hope.  I am not a medical professional.  Doctors and medical professional know best and their directions should be followed.

Tom C.
on 6/10/11 7:53 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Depending on where you want to meet, which night you are doing this, and if you don't mind someone floating in and out, I would love to do this. This would be a great thing to do on the days/nights I don't run.

Let me know.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
checkitout
on 6/13/11 9:23 am - Newton, NJ
Chuck and Tom,

I have not picked any dates or times and the idea was to get as many people floating in as we could so that people would be up and moving. I was really thinking early morning on a Saturday or Sunday every week or every other week and then maybe one night a week but I would need help to go as a trail leader since I have so many other commitments but I thought this could be a family event since I have such an issue with childcare...

Let me know your thoughts...

Stella

Most Active
Recent Topics