question about Support Group Meetings

Sheri A.
on 6/23/11 10:40 am
Thanks, Alice for your wonderful comments...I am a support group leader, not a nutritionist, a counselor, a nurse or a doctor...just a caring person who likes to gather with peers to talk about our weight loss journeys. I started my group a little over 4 years ago and I love the friendships that I have made with the people who come on a regular basis. I love seeing the people "transform" in their bodies and in their minds! I love the thank yous I get afterwards. I hate that people are unable to come on a regular basis and that sometimes we have a poor turnout, I hate when people talk to much about themselves and their problems, taking up valuable time and don't give others a chance to talk. I really feel that our group, FIRST SATURDAY SUPPORT is a very special group. We get each other and many of us are a few years post op (I am 4 1/2). I sincerely believe that the support groups help us stay focused and give us motivation. For those who are interested in our peer to peer group, we meet again on Saturday July 9 at RWJ Fitness/Wellness Center, 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd, Scotch Plains at 10:30am. Our email is: [email protected]
hmm114
on 12/4/11 9:15 am - NJ
 I just went to my first Support meeting ever.  I am almost 14 months out and felt out of place a bit too. There weren't many people there that we as far out as I was.  Mostly pre-op, some very recent post ops and then a few 6-7 months out.  

I decided to go because it seemed as soon as I hit the Year mark, I started really getting my appetite back, snacking way too much.  Not drinking my water. Not taking all of my supplements, etc.  I did get some confirmation that a few knew where I was coming from.  I will definetly attend again and give it another try. 

-Holly
 www.hermuddysocks.wordpress.com 
Most Active
Recent Topics