cross post 19 days to go

looking4hope
on 5/29/11 5:13 am
I start my 2 week diet Friday. My surgery is only 19 days away and I am getting scared again. I think this is just normal I am afraid of surgery. I am so excited but then I wonder what if ....... something goes wrong? What will my husband and children do without me? I also know I can't live this way my body hurts, I have no energy when I get home from work, and I am sure I will die an early death like my mother and grandmother if I don't do something. Hearing so many horror stories worries me. I am excited and nervous but i am 99% sure I am doing the right thing.
wharffrat
on 5/30/11 8:53 am - NJ
I am more excite than scared.  I have told my wife my wishes, just in case.  But, the healthy longer life is much much better than the alternative.  The things I will be able to do, that I cannot do now.  I am only 2 days away now.  I have built a great support system around myself.  People here, local support groups, family & friends, and God. 
341lbs start journey weight / 325 lbs surgery day weight    
Realize Band Surgery preformed on  6/1/2011
My sharing here on OH is from my own experience, strength, & hope.  I am not a medical professional.  Doctors and medical professional know best and their directions should be followed.

Tom C.
on 5/31/11 12:51 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
What you are feeling is quite normal, and it will continue during the entire journey.

Here is my question to you "What if you DON'T have the operation?" - For me, that's what made me never regret my decision. I was told, without the operation I would probably not survive 3 years. That was over 3 years ago.

Know we're here for you. And if you want, I can give you my personal contact info, and will try everything I can to help you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
looking4hope
on 5/31/11 6:35 am
Think about what will be is what keeps me going. I know that I can't do this on my own. I know I am missing out on my children lives. My body hurts, I 'm tired all the time, and I am sure I will have a strok early on in life without this operation just like my mom, aunt and grandma.

I love this forum and you guys! I can talk to my husband about getting nervous but not my friends right away they start in with yu shouldn't do it then. I need to do it!
Tom C.
on 5/31/11 7:07 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Unless you've walked in our shoes, or wore our size pants/dresses you can never truly understand how we feel.

Glad to know you have the support with your husband. If you ever need another sympathetic ear, know you can turn to me 24/7/365.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
looking4hope
on 5/31/11 7:54 am
Thanks Tom! I hope to get to one of your get togethers soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics