Revision Surgery Needed.....

knailnhair
on 5/18/11 2:27 am - Milford, NJ
Hi All...its been a while!

I went for an adjustment yesterday and ended up back in the doctor's office this morning, I wasn't able to get any liquids down. So he took fluid out. We had dicussed yesterday that I most likely will need revision surgery, well seeing him this morning sealed the deal.

My doctor is suggesting RNY based on my numbers and eating habits and long term results.

Has anyone gone from band to either RNY or Sleeve??? Can you share your experience?

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

checkitout
on 5/18/11 9:31 am - Newton, NJ
Hi Kimi,

Sorry I can not offer any help, I just wanted to say I am sorry you are not feeling well. I hope revision gets you where you want to be and you start feeling better soon.

Good luck,

Stella
hockeymom8016
on 5/18/11 10:12 pm - NJ

Hi Kim,

Sorry you are not feeling well. Jen W went from band to RNY and is very happy. Hopefully she will chime in. Her surgeon is either Dr. Bertha or Dr. Abkin. I hope you feel better soon.

knailnhair
on 5/18/11 10:50 pm - Milford, NJ

Thank you ladies for your well wishes!!! Needless to say I'm on information overload between the 2 surgeries. Maybe I'll reach out to Jen! Thanks again!!! Hope you are both well!!!

Kimi

Redhead7977
on 5/19/11 1:12 am - NJ
Hi Kimi
Its so good to hear from you, I have researched the other 2 surgeries because 2 years ago my band prolapsed and was repaired, but I am always worried that it will happen again and if it does happen I know I will need some other type surgery because I don't think insurance will pay for another repair.  I think if I would have to choose another it would be the sleeve because I am not good at taking my pills (always forgetting) and I understand with RNY there is a lot of vitamins needed.  It is definitely a personal choice.  No matter what you choose we are all here to support you.  Will you be at dinner on Tuesday?  Would love to see you.
Joann
knailnhair
on 5/19/11 1:53 am - Milford, NJ
Hi JoAnn!!!!! Its great to hear from you!!! How are you doing??? How's your sidekick doing as well??!!!!

I will not be at dinner on Tuesday, unfortunately my work schedule won't allow it. Hopefully I'll get to one soon.

Thanks for the well wishes!!!!!
Kimi

Kimi

Redhead7977
on 5/19/11 2:08 am - NJ
I am doing ok, I have been staying the same weight , so last night my husband wanted to join weigh****chers but doesn't want to go alone and I told him if he would pay for me I would go and keep him company.  Maybe it will be the kick in the pants I need to get going if I make it competition with him LOL
We need to get together some night when you are not working, the girls that is Gina, Nancy etc.
I will talk to them about it on Tuesday.  What nights are you not working?
Lynn is in Texas babysitting until the end of the month  her daughter is have bunion surgery so I might have to bring my husband to the dinner because I don't like to drive that far alone.
Lynn has gained some of her weight back because her acid reflux is real bad and spilled over into her lungs and they did a unfill.  She is talking about RNY because her doctor says the same thing will happen if she gets the sleeve.
Joann
big_ideas
on 5/19/11 3:31 am - Randolph, NJ
Kimi, sorry to hear the band isn't working out for you. I know several people that have revised to RnY and were much more successful. One just had it done last Friday, so I guess its too early to tell for her.

Have you checked out the revisions forum on OH?

I hope to see you sometime soon. Good luck!

Linda

knailnhair
on 5/19/11 10:44 pm - Milford, NJ
On May 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM Pacific Time, big_ideas wrote:
Kimi, sorry to hear the band isn't working out for you. I know several people that have revised to RnY and were much more successful. One just had it done last Friday, so I guess its too early to tell for her.

Have you checked out the revisions forum on OH?

I hope to see you sometime soon. Good luck!

Linda
Hi Linda...I did put a post on the Revision board too....have gotten a few comments!!! How is everything going with you? Did you have any issues with your RNY, I know you're looking amazing last time I saw you? Would you do it again?

Thanks again for the well wishes!!!

Kimi

big_ideas
on 5/24/11 1:18 pm - Randolph, NJ
Hey Kimi: So sorry I didn't respond sooner, I didn't receive any notifications from OH that you had posted.

I have had no complications with my surgery, other than some mild pain that was persistent so I had the surgeon check it out. I had some small adhesions, which were removed during an outpatient laparotomy. I think I also had a small ulcer, but that was taken care of by a course of nexium and I think its fine now.

I have lost 140 lbs, went from a 4x to a size 6, have been very stable since reaching goal over a year ago, and I'm delighted beyond words with my experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat; my only regret is not having done it sooner.

I wish you all the best. I'm sure it can't be easy to have taken the step to have the band put in, and then deal with all the issues and the disappointment. Please know that I'm rooting for you, and I'm here for you if you need an ear or a shoulder!

Hugs,
Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics