Help finding a MSW in northern NJ

KarenNZ
on 5/5/11 3:19 am
I'm receaching out to you all to see if anyone has startied to see a Therapist (MSW) for therapy and support. I have BC/BS which you have to go through a group called Magellan which I have printed out some therapists in Paramus-Hackensack-Clifton-Montclair areas, but I really am blind to their speciality. Hopefully some of you have had some success. I do go to a monthly support group, which is helpful, but I am willing to explore if a Therapist will help me get my head on the same track as my body due to the Gastric Sleeve.
     I am making my dreams a reality with each step I take.           
Alice P.
on 5/5/11 5:22 am
I see a WLS therapist at Overlook hospital medical arts building in Summit NJ- about 30 mins from Montclair if you take the parkway- her name is DR Erika January
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

TV2Night
on 5/8/11 10:43 am - Hackettstown, NJ

Dr Anthony Papciak did my Behavoiral Eval prior to my Gastric Bypass 6.5 years ago.  He is great and he also assists with running the Support Groups at Morristown Memorial Hospital in Morristown NJ.  He is covered under Magellan with BCBS so it's a great option.  I still enjoy going to see him and he helps to keep me focused on this journey!

He sees people at the Mt. Kimble Annex of Morristown Memorial on Mt. Kimble Ave (Rt. 202). 

Pat

KarenNZ
on 5/9/11 12:09 am
Thanks for the suggestions. Both are a little out of my area, but I still will check it out.
Alice P.
on 5/9/11 9:28 am

I forgot to mention that I saw Dante C. Mercurio, PHD on Bloomfield Ave in West Caldwell for my pre op

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Tom C.
on 5/10/11 12:38 am, edited 5/10/11 12:38 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I suggest contacting Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board. He’s located in Wayne NJ. No matter where you are, I highly recommended going. 

I second seeing Doctor Anthony Papciak. He’s in Morristown – Call 888 247 1400.

Here are more possible Doctors:

See: http://www.laparosurgery.com/psychiatric-evaluation.shtml

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/3855631/In-need-of-pyschiatrist-Help/

Hope this helps

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics