Recommendations for VSG surgeons?

Need4Change
on 5/11/11 3:37 am - NJ
Hi Pat,

Now that makes sense!  I realize that the sleeve was rather new, but I guess if the insurance company only have started to cover the procedure, then it makes sense why most havent done too many of them.  My current surgeon has won awards and works in a "center of excellence for bariatrics" which I also believe Dr Abkin does too.

Now I'm just waiting on 2 doc's pre-authorization letters (fingers crossed on that) and then the paoperwork will be submitted for approval.  Lets hope I get the right person at the insurance company who will approve me!

Thanks for the info... this helped shed some light.

Joyce
:)
smallerdude1
on 5/11/11 12:41 pm
I would highly recommend Dr. Ragui Sadek, the director of the Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in New Brunswick.  He has done more VSG than any other surgeon in the state with very low/none complications.  His staff is dedicated to getting his patients approved.  For my surgery, he personally called the medical director at my insurance company to get my approval.  I can't say enough good things about him.  He goes the extra mile for all his patients. He takes a personal approach to each and everyone one of his patients.   
Fancy4684
on 5/11/11 1:28 pm
I'm using Miguel silva out of valley hospital in ridge wood . He is actually with Columbia hospital the office and staff are great ! If you can I would give them a call!
walter A.
on 5/26/11 11:21 am - lafayette, NJ
For mine I went to a master, Dr A in Omaha when Bertha and his professor at Cornell said i was too complicated,  Dr A has done over 7000 DS/vsg,  no problem. my procedure was painless. and trouble free. and a very complex revision.
Newme209
on 6/11/11 9:39 am - NJ
I also recommend NJ Bariatrics Center in Union.  The New Jersey Bariatric Center has been  awarded the Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).

Dr. Goyal has low complication rate, zero leaks and zero mortality.  He is the Director of Bariatric Surgery and Associate Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery at Overlook Hospital in Summit, New Jersey.   In 2010, New Jersey Monthly magazine named Dr. Goyal one of the top doctors for bariatric and general surgery.

Dr. Forrester is currently the Director of Bariatric Surgery at Trinitas Regional Medical Center.

Overlook Hospital is a Center of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery.

I'm 5'6.5 
HW 253   SW 238 (-15 lbs preop)   CW 153

Final goal: 150-155 ...MET 153 (-100lbs) 11/24/11)

Most Active
Recent Topics