Admit What you know.

Maryellen R.
on 4/10/11 2:49 am - Sayville, NY
 I found this in 2007 from the National Association for WLS.  Daily Inspirations.

Sometimes you know you are struggling with food, but can't quite figure out why.  Often, the answer is right in front of you.

If you are feeling out of control, take a "bird's eye view."  Imagine you are flying way up high, viewing your problem from afar.  Can you see better what is getting in the way of your success?

Action for the day:  If you are having a bad food day--but don't really know why--take a few minutes to sit quietly, breathe, and imagine looking at your problem from a distance.  If you already know what the problem  is and how to remedy it, admit it to yourself today and make a plan of action.

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 4/11/11 5:36 am
Thank you, Maryellen, for sharing this idea with the community. I notice that quite a few people have read your post and am wondering if anyone has attempted to do the exercise.

I'd like to encourage others to do it and to post their experiences. I'm sure it would be helpfull to others.

Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Most Active
Recent Topics