roller coaster

looking4hope
on 4/9/11 10:04 am
I posted something like this a few days ago in the lap band forum. I thought that I would share how I am feeling in here with my NJ friends. I have thought about lap band for so long and want to have it. It is the only wls I will consider and I am sure I am ready to use the tool and am sure it is the right tool for me. The problem is I worry  all the time. That is who I am. Surgery scares me to death when I had me gallbalder out I wrote notes to my kids because I was sure I would die having the surgery. So now here I am having surgery by choice? I am so worried that I will get an infection or blood clot and dye trying to me a happier, healthier mom. Then I start thinking well isn't it better for my children to have an obese mom that will have health problems later then end up without a mom now? Are these normal feelings? Am I over thinking this? I know it is the right choice for me but wonder if it is the right choice to for my family?
Thanks for your help and thoughts Amanda
Tom C.
on 4/9/11 1:54 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Amanda,

You are having NORMAL feelings, and you also have normal (self) responses. You certainly aren’t over-thinking it. I think mostly anyone who has Weight Loss Surgery asks all these questions.

Even 3 years out, I still worry. I worry that one day the other shoe will drop, and all the good results will go out the window. However I hold onto this fear, and make it my friend. It’s this fear that keeps me focused.

So my suggestion, and fear you have – embrace it and make it your goal NOT to give into the fear. Make sure you follow Doctor’s orders so you remain healthy and are around a very long time for your kids.

Know we’re here for you.

Good luck

Tom

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
looking4hope
on 4/10/11 12:22 am
Thanks Tom. I need a little support. My husband who is the greatest guy ever just doesn't understand. He just says you'll be okay. I love you either way. Whatever you want to do. My BFF doesn't really like the idea and so I don't discuss my fears with her. Mt MIL is supportive and is trying to help. Thanks again.
Tom C.
on 4/10/11 2:08 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Well I hope you know I (and many of us) are here for all the support you need. If you p.m. me I can give you my contact information.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Redhead7977
on 4/20/11 11:40 pm - NJ
Amanda,
All these feeling are normal. On May 3rd I will have my 4 year Band Anniversey and have lost 90lbs and have been able to keep it off.  My husband fought me every step of the way and you have to decide what you are doing is for you!!!  and yes it is only a tool but one of the best tools in the world.  Know that all of us here are here for you and will support whatever decision you make.
Many  people ask if I would do it again and I would in a minute
Keep us posted
Joann
Most Active
Recent Topics