Dr. Oz Show

Maryellen R.
on 4/4/11 7:00 am - Sayville, NY
 When Dr. Oz's Producer contacted me and needed recommendations

on lap bander's for an upcoming show...I was happy to provide them 

with a list......I'm EXCITED to announce that our very own LIPO 

member, Robyn Reiter was featured! YAY Robyn!
You looked 

beautiful,

and we are proud of you and your accomplishments!

If you missed it just click on the link below!

www.doctoroz.com/videos/life-after-lap-band-surgery-pt-2
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

checkitout
on 4/4/11 12:11 pm - Newton, NJ
I jus****ched it on my tvo, I thought it was good but I was sad that they did not talk about the mental issues and they did not talk about the other WLS options.
But... it is always good to get good press..
Stella
Maryellen R.
on 4/4/11 9:49 pm - Sayville, NY
 Hi Stella,

I did inquire to the producers about doing a segment on the other surgery options.  They answered saying that they would be doing one in the future.  This show was done for the sole purpose of the new lower BMI requirement on lap bands.

Personally, I did not like the way the lady 6 months was only eating soft foods unless she was having difficulities.

Dr. Oz did say at the end of the segment something about it not solving pych issues and noted therapy, nutrition and exercise, but would have liked more discussed on these topics as well.  I was happy to hear that one female doctor noted the many things that could go wrong and do with lap band surgery.  I think it is important for people to be fully informed of all the possibities before they make this big decision.

But what I would have liked even more, if our very own star, Tom Casola featured!  Maybe next time?

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Tom C.
on 4/4/11 11:45 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I didn't see this, but I am recording the replay.

And Maryellen you always humble me . Thanks for the kind words
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics